Dog boat ramp

• wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Has anybody installed a ramp on there boat for the dog to get back in.
    I have a Lowe 1730 f&s and have not found one that looks like it would work. My fishing buddy likes to go for a swim when it gets hot out.
    Thanks
    Don

onestout
    Hudson, WI

just get his front paws over the side of the boat and put your hand on the back of his head and he will be able to get himself into the boat.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

just get his front paws over the side of the boat and put your hand on the back of his head and he will be able to get himself into the boat.

You’ve never tried this with a great dane, have you?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Not every dog is trained to sit in dead center of the boat.

Everybody move to the front of the boat, pups is coming aboard! When he starts to shake the water off I need someone to cantilever themselves over the bow of the boat as far as they can reach as I use my body to offset the forward movement of pups. We know the drill lets do it or we all are taking a swim.

Yes, the cartoons in my head are funnier.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but a doggie life jacket generally have handles in them to lift dogs back out of the water.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

You’ve never tried this with a great dane, have you?

Or an 82 lb golden

Both pups love to retrieve, so I think a ramp would help with multiple retrieves, but thanks for the info.

Chris Aker

I have a 90lb pit / lab and am also searching for a ramp that would work with a bass boat. I need to find something that folds up, as the boats only a 17 footer and I don’t really want to have a 6 foot ramp lying around all day.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Might have to make something custom. I’ve made a couple for my duck boat using 2x3s and some hinges

Or, get a permanent swim ladder off the transom

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine I hang on the transom. Removable, I dont have a ladder

Chris Aker

Thanks Bearcat. I don’t have a ladder on mine either, so I was wondering if that one could be used without the ladder. It’s cheaper and smaller than most I’ve seen, which I like on both counts.

Gordio

Holy moly.

If that’ll work for you, look for hang on dog stands (think duck hunting flooded timber) or even a hang on deer stand.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks Bearcat. I don’t have a ladder on mine either, so I was wondering if that one could be used without the ladder. It’s cheaper and smaller than most I’ve seen, which I like on both counts.

Mine is not that exact model but it is the same thing. My 90 lbs german shepherd does great with it.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I like Bearcat’s option and have seen others like in duck hunting catalogs like Avery, etc. I used to have my labs (trying to retrieve musky lures) jump and once at the transom would grab by the scruff of the neck and pull them up and over… Now that I’m 63, I think I’d like the ramp option a bit better!!!

Mark

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.