CNN smear piece on hunters

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Nice collection . Assuming it all legal. Obviously some pics were chosen for their graphic shock value.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m not sure I would call it a “smear” piece. It’s about as balanced as CNN is likely to get and the text does disclose the bias of the reporter, which is refreshing.

There is no way to deny that African hunting IS trophy hunting. Yes, there is a surpreme challenge in hunting game that can (and does) turn the tables on you, but there is no way to get around the fact that hunting trophies is hunting trophies. You don’t shoot a lion because it tastes good.

I would agree that the photographer shows poor journalist skills in terms of telling a story. The photos are all about the kill and because he was fixated on the kill, he failed to tell the story of the hunt, which is always more interesting and more significant than just the kill.

Grouse

mfreeman451

In the context of the recent string of stories, political climate, etc, it is definitely a smear piece.

Here is another one on the semi-automatic assault rifle,

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/29/opinion/martin-assault-weapons/index.html?iref=allsearch

What these idiots fail to point out is that hardly anyone has the fully automatic version of this gun, same with the ar-15. The last time I can think of a fully automatic weapon being used in an attack here in the states was 1997 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

These guys are probably going to push for a sweeping ban of all semi-automatic rifles, not just the AK and AR.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

In the context of the recent string of stories, political climate, etc, it is definitely a smear piece.

Here is another one on the semi-automatic assault rifle,

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/29/opinion/martin-assault-weapons/index.html?iref=allsearch

What these idiots fail to point out is that hardly anyone has the fully automatic version of this gun, same with the ar-15. The last time I can think of a fully automatic weapon being used in an attack here in the states was 1997 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

These guys are probably going to push for a sweeping ban of all semi-automatic rifles, not just the AK and AR.

Another reason to join the NRA maybe?

Al

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

CNN pushing their agenda again today!
    ]

WOW>!! Comeing from a Channel Cat Hater. With HIS OWN BIG AGENDA. ……..rrr

joemama
    North St Paul

and we need semi automatic assault rifles for what ??

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Russia Soviet thats why.

I just saw this on TV so it is true!!!

Alice Foss, Telephone Operator: Well, I’m sorry to bother you, Chief Mattocks, but I just had a call from Muriel Everett.

Police Chief Link Mattocks: What is it, what’s she want?

Alice Foss, Telephone Operator: She was shouting that I should call you, because according to her – well, Muriel said the Russians have landed!

Police Chief Link Mattocks: Want to give me that again, Alice?

Alice Foss, Telephone Operator: Muriel said the Russians have landed, whatever that means, Chief. And she said they were attacking her personally!

Police Chief Link Mattocks: Remember last time, when she called about that Peeping Tom – you know who that was, don’t you? It was that Luther Grilk’s horse.

It kind of looked prerecorded but who am I to question?

joemama
    North St Paul

love that movie..made my dad laugh his butt off..i first saw it at the drive in with my 5 sibs long long a go thanks for the refrence the memories made my night

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Because u dont have to be as accurate when someone breaks into your home?

A better question might be why do we need to ban semi automatic assault rifles?

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Quote:

..MPLSPUG..Now that is PERFECT. …But i still like my SHORT barrel 3inch 12ga. AUTO with #4Buck. ………rrr

joemama
    North St Paul

Quote:

Quote:

like most of your views not very accurate..shot gun should do the trick

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

love that movie..made my dad laugh his butt off..i first saw it at the drive in with my 5 sibs long long a go thanks for the refrence the memories made my night

Oh! I hear you in the age of the drive in as I have memories of the same. This show has many memories for me to and it is a favorite of mine alsoo.

Guilty of seeing a spot to reminisce. Thanks for seeing it and sharing.

Back to?????? the present I guess.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

like most of your views not very accurate..shot gun should do the trick

You asked why we need assault rifles, I answered and you said a shot gun can do the same thing.

Oh, so now you want to ban shotguns!!!

timmy

Quote:

What is the difference between a semi-auto assault rifle and a semi-auto hunting rifle? I own an AR-15 in .223 and it is a legal hunting rifle……. Is it branded an “assault” rifle because it looks ‘scary’?

(assault is a noun or a verb, not an adjective…..)

joemama
    North St Paul

pug..its nice when you make my case for me..accuracy not your strong suit… who said anything about banning shot guns or assault rifles ?? just because your paranoid doesn’t mean they are not out to get you.. take a breath.. go fishing and relax lifes too short

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t own a gun. I have nothing to be paranoid about.

So what is the point of your question?

Your the one attempting to rip a fellow IDOer and I AM the one who needs to relax and go fishing? Thanks for giving me the attention I missed growing up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.