fix prop, buy a new one, or leave it alone

• slipbobnick
    MN

put a chip in the prop. should I fix it buy a new one or leave it.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

AL prop just buy a new one. Do not run very long like that, it will wipe out your bearings eventually with the uneven load.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’d buy a new one and then have that one fixed, as well. Then, you have a spare.

stuart
    Mn.

Fix it and buy a new one.Use this one as a spare.

redneck
    Rosemount

In my world that prop still has plenty of life in it but in my world its life span would only be a couple more days because whatever caused that ding would end up eating it in short order. If you can feel the vibration when you are under power or if you notice a drastic drop in top speed then get it fixed otherwise use it until the end of the season or until you do a better job of eating it up. BK has a picture somewhere of a prop of mine that has one day of use on it. By the way—you can get that one rebuilt much cheaper than getting a new one. Believe me I know—I get them rebuilt two or three at a time.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

I’d buy a new one and then have that one fixed, as well. Then, you have a spare.

X2.

sandmannd

Quote:

Quote:

X2.

X3

slipbobnick
    MN

live in elk river work in maple grove any ideas where I should buy one. Cabelas is near by but wondering if they’d be high.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

Soderblooms will make that prop look like new for $40. You can have it back 2-3 days after you drop it off at Spee-Dee delivery. They also will sell you a new one.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

live in elk river work in maple grove any ideas where I should buy one. Cabelas is near by but wondering if they’d be high.

There is a prop shop in Crystal off 81 and 63rd

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X2.

X3

X4 only I would buy a SS one.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Quote:

There is a prop shop in Crystal off 81 and 63rd

That would be Formula Propeller. [/quote
    Id call ahead Todd and the fam moved shop to up by 610 because of the 81 expansion project. Not sure if the move is complete or not.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I drive past Formula daily–they’re still open and busy as heck!

buck-slayer

My Al prop cracked tonight. Where on the prop does it say what degree it is? I haven’t taken it off the motor yet. Hoping it I will see something then.

BBKK
    IA

It is on the hub on the inside of the prop. Or written up under where the hub connects on the alum.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.