STOLEN-Reward!!!

• dr._flathead

Last night someone stole my outboard off my boat. It was parked in my driveway hooked up to the truck. It’s a ’92 Evinrude Short Shaft. There is a large, deep scratch on the top of it -look close you can see it in the pic. If anyone finds this motor, or somehow finds out who stole it, I will pay you a handsome reward. (I know the pic is very large, but it shows the scratch I’m talking about)

-Dave

mike-west
    Amery, WI

The F***ing Nerve of some people.
    Where about did this horific crime take place? Might be easier keeping an eye out knowing geogrphically where these scums bags might exist.
    I only hope that if they are found their hands are in such shape that wiping their back side, or trying to open a katchup bottle is a task taken for serious grantit.
    Good luck with the return of your property!

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

I know how you feel
    it happoend to me a year ago
    watch craigs list I saw mine there
    It was gone when I called about it
    (no evidence can’t prosecute) I was told

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I bolt mine through the transom and use a bar lock across the tighteners. Not completely thief proof but they would have to work at it for some time.

sandmannd

What a load of garbage. I hope you get your motor back and get to throttle those that took it (pun intended).

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I do the double bolt also. Two thru the transom and the spin lock also. More time=fewer thefts. Sorry for your loss.

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

Is the reward a $35 gift card?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Is the reward a $35 gift card?

Touche’ good one.

But, sorry to hear of the stolen motor.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I had a buddy in Woodbury have the same deal happen to him a couple years back, somebody stole his 25 merc right off his boat that was in his driveway next to a busy road. They sure looked like they knew what they were doing also…

dr._flathead

I dont think it matters to a good theif how well you have it secured, they’re gonna get it if they want it. I know of a guy who had his outboard CUT OFF the back of his boat. If its not in your garage, its fair game…… even IN the garage they’ll bust in and steal your stuff!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That sucks Dave.

I have a friend that’s looking for a 25 tiller. I’ll show him your pic. Small chance but while looking around he might come across the motor and the dirt bag.

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

Man, what luck first that tourney fiasco and now this. I feel for your pain; I will keep an eye out on C-list and other outlets.

ccales
    Mpls, MN

I’ve had this happen to me so I feel for you. I’m sure you’ve already thought of this but if you have the serial number I would report it to the local law enforcement as well as the DNR. It’s a long shot but it might pay off. I hope you get it back.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

I also know the feeling. I had the OB motor and much of the boat contents stolen out of my garage. What sucked with that experience was the double deductable from the insurance. The OB motor was covered on the boat policy and the rods/reel tackle were covered by the homeowner policy. Each policy had a deductable for theft.

cdn
    West Central, MN

Quote:

I bolt mine through the transom and use a bar lock across the tighteners. Not completely thief proof but they would have to work at it for some time.

Bolt it to the transom and then spot weld the nut(s) to the bolt(s). Makes for more work.

Sorry to hear about the motor, I hope it gets recovered!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Just a thought, if you find it on Craig’s list, have a woman call and say she’s looking for one for her husband and you live in another state and is in town on visiting her sister, etc. I think having a female from out of state calling would likely make they less suspicious and they assume it won’t be found or traced in state.

Have 2-females go and be sitting around the corner nearby and alert the police. I would think if you can get video of them accepting cash, then you got them for selling stolen goods.

Good Luck and hope you catch these guys.

A Great punishment would be tie them dress only in their underwear up to a tree in a swamp overnight, spray them lightly with water first, getting their body sweat drawing Mosquito’s from all around to a feast.

dr._flathead

Little Update… I talked to the Cops a bit ago, when signing the paperwork for the report…. Last night a lady on the next block up left her garage door open, someone stole her car out of her garage!!!! The found it this morning all smashed with the cat. converter sawed out of it….. I’m guesssing it’s the same dope heads that got me…….They’re experienced crooks!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Got a serial number on that motor to prove it was yours or do the cops have that serial number so they will know it is stolen?

If not, it ain’t yours anymore!!!!!!

Good luck claiming that a motor with a “scratch” is yours.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

I would hope with the images and report of theft to the popo, they would give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Good luck on finding your motor.

johnlaqua
    Pool 3/Pool 4

as the old saying goes, locks only keep honest people out, thats bogus people do that, why even bother trying to lug a motor of a transom, if youre that daring, just unhook and take the whole boat, we need laws like some 3rd world countries sometimes…. steal and lose a hand

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I would hope with the images and report of theft to the popo, they would give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Good luck on finding your motor.

Nope,
    Who are you going to give “benefit of doubt to”?

If you don’t have the serial number, you are SOL.
    That is no different than telling the police that a car, gun, boat, fish locator, or anything else identifiable via serial number is stolen. If you don’t have the serial number, you are SOL, because there is no proof.

Take a wild guess at how many 25hp short-shaft evinrude motors exist?

Write it off as gone…..

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

File a report with the cops describing EVERY detail you can think of. I did that when the trailer I used to haul my ATV was stolen off my truck at the boat launch while I was out icefishing a few years back. Long story short , I got my trailer back (I found it being used by a couple guys the following summer as they drove past my house). Called the cops and they met me near the scene where I found my trailer. They (the theives)had removed the Reg # plate off the trailer but my original police report was detailed enough that the cops let me have my trailer back no problem.
    Theives suck!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.