Which car wax?

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

I just finished up washing and waxing the truck and van and was wondering what others use on their vehicles. I have been using Meguiars paste wax and while I like the protection I don’t like the way it has been coming off. It doesn’t seem to cure very hard as quickly as I would like. When I remove it the wax seems to clump up and come off in little balls which just makes a mess of the rags and buffing pad.

When I was a kid I don’t know what wax we used but it dried fast and came off in a powder. I’d like to find something like that. I’m also not a fan of the liquid wax, they don’t seem to last as long.

I went through almost an entire can on the 2 vehicles and am looking to try something else before I start on the next one.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Insulator Wax –

I will check the bottle – you can’t find it but mail order – any more

Does just what you are looking for.

Dog

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Here it is – my buddy used to have a detail shop and turned me onto these products

Extreme insulation for automotive paint.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax was originally developed for power companies to protect against high voltage power failure, electrical fires, and explosions. If it stands up to these conditions, imagine how well it will protect your vehicle’s paint.

Collinite has been making car care products since 1912. Collinite is one of those companies whose products have been kept virtually secret outside of professional detailing and body shops, and car show circles. That’s why there is no flashy packaging and labels on Collinite products. The truth is, it’s not really necessary. Collinite products sell themselves.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax, for example, is one of the finest liquid carnauba waxes you can buy. It has the shine and wetness of carnauba but its longevity is more like a paint sealant. You can expect up to 5 months of protection and incredible water-beading, even on non-garaged vehicles.

Liquid Insulator Wax is in a class all its own when it comes to long-term durability, easy application, and paint enhancement. The liquid car wax was created to insulate electrical components, but it has become one of the foremost liquid car waxes on the market by word-of-mouth of Collinite’s very satisfied customers.

Liquid Insulator Wax is used on automobiles, trucks, buses and aircraft where protection is key, but frequent reapplications are not practical. The wax is excellent for fleets. It leaves a high gloss, nearly indestructible clear coating that repels water, pollution, sun, salt spray, bugs, and more.

Liquid Insulator Wax provides tough protection against adverse weather conditions. It makes a great “winter wax” when you want tough paint protection against road salt, snow and ice, without sacrificing shine. Collinite’s headquarters are in New York where harsh winters are the norm. They know a thing or two about durable paint protection.

In the summer, Insulator Wax stands up to the heat and UV rays better than most carnauba waxes. You can even use 845 on boats to guard the hull against salt water oxidation. Now that’s a tough wax!

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I am partial to good old Turtle Wax paste..

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Zaino sp? It supposed to be great if always liked meguires gold class, I’ve heard that you are best off ordering directly from the manufacturer for fresher better product.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

It was suggested to me, by a friend of mine who owns his own bodyshop and been in the business for 40yrs. to try the Turtle Wax Ice products. WOW! I was TOTALLY impressed by and am more than satisfied with it. Use the Ice Wash and Paste Wax on my 2 business trucks, as well as my own truck and absolutely LOVE this stuff. If it’s not the best out there, it’s real close!! One of the things I really like about the wax is, it can be applied in the sun, without ANYMORE work. The wax removes easy(even in the sun) and seems to last longer than anything I’ve ever used. I used to be a Maguire’s and/or Mother’s loyal user. Not anymore! Good luck with your choice(s).

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I have used almost everything out there and right now my top wax is Meguiars NXT tech wax 2.0. You can apply it to the whole car and removing it is about as easy as it gets.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have been using Nu Finish for 24 years. Easy on. Easy off.
    Use it one everything.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

I have been using Nu Finish for 24 years. Easy on. Easy off.
    Use it one everything.

X 2 on the Nufinish.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I did some research and here is what I have found out. Most all wax is made of Carnuba, price depends on the amount of carnuba and the quality.

The newer thing to use is a polish, it is engineered to protect better and last longer. Carnuba will last 4-6 weeks where a polish will last 6-12 months.

Carnuba is natural, polish is an engineered product. Carnuba gives a deeper softer look. What some will do is apply a polish for the protection and then apply the wax over it to get the deeper look.

Since I am in it more for the protection (daily drivers here not show cars) I am going to give the polish a try, after I just finished waxing 2 vehicles .

Thanks for the input, I’m still not sure which brand.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Mike,
    NuFinish is a polish. I use the liquid. As Suzuki mentioned, it goes on easy and comes off easy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.