Thinking about heading to Pepin Saturday

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Thinking about heading over Saturday for a bit. Anyone have any reports to help a guy out? I know the river was high and was supposed to be coming down, just wondering if I should consider other options, and what ideas you have for other options as well? Also, what seems to be working best so far for Walleye/sauger action?

llong

Guys are still catching them pulling cranks. Most popular thing I am hearing is small saugers being caught.. The shoreline along 61 from hok si la to hanson harbor has been a top area for numbers of sauger but having to sort through to get keepers. #5 and #7 for the most part are working best. #5 firetiger hornet last week worked pretty good for me. Dont be afraid to try the wisconsin side either, last time I was over there, there was alot of debris on that side. You want to save money on gas send me text or fb me and I’ll let you in on a secret that I have been working the last 2 weeks.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Was on Pepin this last Monday. trolling cranks and got Saugers as mentioned above. Tried some other tactics like ripping jigs and plastics and got saugers that way too….

TONS of trees and trash! Be careful> could be somewhat ‘flushed’ by now, but lots and lots of dead heads and trash.
    Wish I’d taken a picture I’ve never seen it like that before.)

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Looking like that tip is going to pay off for me on Sunday. Thanks!

tbrooks11

I was just at pepin yesterday, and spent my entire day in the spot listed above. I fished just south of Roschen park, and you will certainly catch fish. They werent jumping in the boat by any means but we caught 15 fish in about 7-8 hrs on the water.The biggest was a 15.5 inch sauger and we ended up with 3 keepers. We couldnt move around and hit any other spots due to a motor problem, but it was still a great time. We caught fish both jigging and trolling. We jigged many different colors but those gold northland jigs with 2 holes worked well, i used a sting’r hook(trailing treble) with worms and minnows and did pretty well. We also trolled cranks, the water is pretty murky so anything bright or with an orange bottom, seemed like the bigger the better. Hope this helps

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Still planning on going but I think it’s going to be a warm one from the looks of it

Thanks for the advice. Never really fished there before so anything helps at this point!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.