Eirie Dearies

• stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i buy a bunch of old tackle boxes on eBay. OK, i prey on fishermen’s widows…

anyway, i came up with two eirie dearie lures. It’s a lead weight (painted), spinner blade, beads and a long shank carlisle hook at the end.

these are both well worn, so this guy (whoever he was) fished them alot.

anybody ever used them?? and how??

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

My dad and i casted with them for suspended walleyes up north with good success. Trolling them didnt really work well unless your fishing for pike. They work alright casting them to shore on the river. Its like one foot per second for drop. Havent used them for a couple of years sooo.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

did you use them w/ or w/o meat and if so, what kinda meat??

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Yes with meat. Idk whatever the fish want.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Crawlers will work on the long hook. Just have to hook it well

shefland
    Walker

I believe there claim to fame came in the 60’s on Lake Erie, they used nightcrawlers and counted them down to suspended fish. The paul bunyan Company, which was in Bemidji made a similar bait which I used with great sucess.I personally would never use that lure, keep it as a treaure from times gone bye.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Used to use ’em as a kid on Boundary Waters lakes for Walleyes. They worked pretty well just trolling along behind the canoe. Pretty sure I spied them out of the corner of my eye at Fleet Farm the other day as well.

Hillbiehle

I use them quite often. They are great for casting in the shallows as well. Always have meat or gulp on. Growing up in Ohio and fishing Lake Erie, people still use them as they are very effective. Cast better than a crankbait and fishes like a spinner rig.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i’m just taking off for URL and hoping the fishing is so ‘hot’ that i can experiment a little bit and this seems to fit he bill. on michigan we found that baits that were 4 years out of style came back in with the fish. hoping that to be the case here!!

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I set them up for the wife to cast with. She can cast them a long ways. She cacthes some nice walleyes on them with a 4″ gulp minnow or gulp nightcrawler. She don’t like to touch live bait so this works for both of us as then I can fish and not have to rebait for her.I use them to troll with on the flowages up here and might try a 4″ moxi this weekend. I got mine from Gander and Cabelas.

Bob/MN

I had good luck on walleyes using the spinner with a three streamer fly on behind. I call it a idiot bait as all you have to do is cast and reel it in.:-)

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Phenomenal lake MI bait with the right trailer. That’s a secret I’ve had for over 30 years and still haven’t shown anyone that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.