Adjustable seat or jackplate on tiller???

• jdlando4

Looking for ideas…I have a long handled 60 hp etec on a glass tiller boat. Problem is the seat base is way too far back in the boat. I don’t want to move the seat base either. Options look like an adjustable seat
    or a jackplate to move the motor back…anyone have any ideas or experience with doing either??? The way I see it an adjustable seat would add a lot of stress to the seat post and change the pivot point of the swivel causing the seat to hit the side compartments when turning. A jackplate would be borderline on distance..I think about 8″ back would be ideal. Oh the complications …… Please help me….

shaley
    Milford IA

Why not get a shorter handle?

jdlando4

Thats the obvious but they don’t have any handle length options on the etecs.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

This is the answer. It swivels, arms fold up and down. Put it where you want it.

Downside…………cost me $300!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Do you tip over a lot?

Brian Hoffies

Not since I quit drinkin. How about you?

No, it’s surprisingly stable. If I crash large waves or wakes from boats I have a rail I grab onto, but I’ve never felt unsafe at all.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

This is the answer. It swivels, arms fold up and down. Put it where you want it.

real similar to the seats lake assault put in their boats.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

real similar to the seats lake assault put in their boats.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! If you stitch “Lake Assault” on the seat back it’s a perfect match. That’s where I got them.

Very observant young man.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That would be nice to have in the boat. Ended up just pulling the rear seat out of mine. It was just in the way most of the time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.