Oh oh! Verado issue….thoughts?

• orangewhip3x
    Blaine

Last minute issue. The verado 150 won’t run properly. Ran fine for ten minutes then won’t stay running…chokes out. Seems like a fuel problem. Initially had a water in fuel alarm. Emptied the water, put fresh fuel in…ran great for ten minutes across the entire power range…then started bogging. I could keep it running but no power and no alarms. Thoughts?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Doesn’t sound good. Do you have both stock fuel pumps in there? If so I bet that is your problem. Common Verado problem.

Some of the other many problems I had with my Verado was making oil due to a faulty thermostat not getting the outboard up to operating temps.

Made a ton of oil which as you can imagine was an issue. I would check your oil level as well.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Sounds like exactly what happened to us in my buddies pro xs last year. With us it was just a faulty fuel line hose that enters motor. Some of the mercury hoses have a problem of closing down on themselves like an artery. The inner lining of the hose collapses on itself and the motor just can’t get fuel to run. Check it out, may be your problem as well and a cheap fix!

Wadsworth

I had this exact problem with my Optimax, the lines that Mercury used to install on motors are not ethanol resistant, the new ethanol resistant lines are GRAY WITH BLUE WRITING. If you have anything but gray with blue writing, they are not ethanol resistant, I replaced my lines, bulb, and fuel filter and my motor runs like brand new. I’ll try to attach pictures below to show what the inside of my fuel lines looked like. What you see inside my fuel lines is the remnants of the inner lining of the fuel line breaking down from the ethanol.

Quote:

Sounds like exactly what happened to us in my buddies pro xs last year. With us it was just a faulty fuel line hose that enters motor. Some of the mercury hoses have a problem of closing down on themselves like an artery. The inner lining of the hose collapses on itself and the motor just can’t get fuel to run. Check it out, may be your problem as well and a cheap fix!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

were you able to see the chunks in the fuel filter when the hose gave out?

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

If you have anything but gray with blue writing, they are not ethanol resistant, I replaced my lines, bulb, and fuel filter and my motor runs like brand new.

Yep, I did the same thing last year for my Opti as a preventive measure and have been running no ethanol since also…

Wadsworth

I could see small amber colored chunks in my fuel filter that looked kind of like fish food, which told me to check my fuel lines as I was aware of this problem from another forum where it had been discussed at length.

Quote:

were you able to see the chunks in the fuel filter when the hose gave out?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.