Troll Master ?

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I am looking at purchasing a Troll Master Pro 2 or Pro 3, and after some research I can’t decided if one is better than the other. I do not want to steer with the troll master control as I use my bow mount for boat control. I have heard that the Troll master Pro 3 has more rpm contorl at very low speeds.
    Any ideas, tips, or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I have just the pro and it does everything I need it too

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Quote:

I am looking at purchasing a Troll Master Pro 2 or Pro 3, and after some research I can’t decided if one is better than the other. I do not want to steer with the troll master control as I use my bow mount for boat control. I have heard that the Troll master Pro 3 has more rpm contorl at very low speeds.
    Any ideas, tips, or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

The 2 and 3 are the same dial, the 2 just does not have the steering control option. I use the 1 myself. I just installed my 3rd one and love the product.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I use the Pro 2 which I think is better then the Pro 3 that I had on last year’s boat.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Jim you have the original pro installed, last boat had the pro 2.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I think I will go with the Pro 2,

I can’t remember if I read it here or in a magazine, that the Pro 3 has more rpm control at lower speeds on a Yamaha T-8.

Thanks

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Jeff, I have installed many trollmasters on boats while rigging boats at Hoots Sports. Trust me the 2 and 3 are the same control when it comes to the rpm control(dial). The only difference is the steering option on the 3. The original trollmaster’s dial (rpm control) has a quicker response when turning the dial to adjust the rpm then the other two models. Follow the link:

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/TrollMasterHome/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.