Mille Lacs Night Band

• Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

What exactly is the reason for the night band?
    Also why are you able to fish opener at night…… Then it’s shut down shortly after?
    Just curious.
    Thanks

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

What exactly is the reason for the night band?
    Also why are you able to fish opener at night…… Then it’s shut down shortly after?
    Just curious.
    Thanks

Its so the day Band can get home to their families and catch a little sleep before their gig starts the next day!

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

There’s a band at Mille Lacs for opener? Who’s playing?!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

There’s a band at Mille Lacs for opener? Who’s playing?!

Been years since I have went to hear a good band

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Check the post in the Mille Lacs forum under “night ban.”

big_g
    Isle, MN

now that all the other smartazzes beat me already… I believe it is because the fish are post spawn, in the shallows with the feed bag on and we probably would catch half our harvest in 1 week after dark. It is open at night for the opener because…. well it’s the opener Some say the ban was put in place by lobbying resort owners, who wanted the bar stools filled at 10 pm, for the real Band I don’t buy that… I go with the easy picken’s theory A cork in the rocks at sundown in may and early june, for walleyes, you can’t hardly beat that although the resorts get packed about 10:30 with the ban in place, I am sure they don’t argue with that either

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The reason it was put in place is to reduce harvest to keep white man’s quota under the allowable harvest limit. There is no biological reason what so ever.

That was after several slot limit tries did not work. If I remember correctly, we went over limits 2-3 years in a row. It was one of the less painful options at the time.

Now, the reason I believe it stays is the resorters love it. Gets everyone off the lake and into the bars and restaurants. Not the top of the list for things they want changed.

-J.

desperado

check out the Blue Goose in Garrison

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my understanding is that Big g had too much firewood.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.