EGO S2 Slider (Landing Net)

• Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

Does anyone own one?
    If so, any likes or dislikes.
    Also how does it perform in colder temps.

Thanks.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

From the ones I have seen, the bags look like something you would find on a $10 net.

I like the extension but I hope they change their bags. Maybe they have since I saw them????

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Screw on handle?? Anybody ever sweep, rake or paint with a screw in handle? Ever had that handle unscrew itself over time? I can see hearing a report from someone about the net falling off the handle while they are trying to land a fish.

I prefer to follow the K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid) motto.

They look pretty chintzy (plastic build).

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I bought one last year and love it! In fact, the Beckman has stayed in the garage so far this season. It was voted the best of the best at ICAST 2011. I bought it for Bass but it is fine for walleye, with one exception…it is not as strong as a Beckman if you have to reach out far and net a really big fish (over 10-12lbs) or multiple fish…
    I have the large clear net…totally hook proof. I Put many bass and eyes in that net last year up to 10#.

It has never “unscrewed” on me yet…it takes up so much less space than my Beckman and the different attachments are reasonably priced and easy on easy off… Two of my friends have bought these since fishing with me, and are pleased so far.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I bought one last year also, and really like the features of the easy to use handle. Never had an issue with it coming loose. All other nets stay home. They have a larger model this year which I will be ordering.

iceman35
    upstate New York

I might get one… like the boathook attachment.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I looked very closely at them and find the shaft way too flexible for any serious use when extended. NEVER would consider it with a 10 pound fish of any kind.
    Plastic net is difficult to move while in the water.

jon_wbl

Looked at one at Fleet Farm a few months back and then again more recently at Cabelas. Half of the nets on the rack at Cabelas were broken. Some the handles would not slide back together or others only one side would move while you tried to extend it. I had been thinking about one, but not anymore. Looks like a nice idea with some quality control issues.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ya know…call me old fashion but it sure is hard to beat the nets that have been tested for years.

I had a Frabill for a number of year and loved the “power yoke” for two reasons.

1. I could single handedly extend a big flat or sturgeon if fishing alone.
    2. My customers could extend it without any worries of the handle coming apart.

Then I switched to Beckman. Awesomely strong net for 30, 40 and 50 pound flatheads. No way to get around that, but when a client would hand it to me, they would want to be helpful and the handle was pulled too far out…and I would be handed a net in two pieces. Trying to put it back together with the excitement of a big fish coming boat side was, well nerve racking. After all, I didn’t want to lose the fish of my clients life time.

So just yesterday I ordered the old tried and true Frabill with the good old Power Yoke and the extendable handle.

Plastic and big fish shouldn’t be in the same sentence.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.