Tackle Boxes

• Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

Any of you guys have a favorite tackle box?
    Or system for organizing tackle?
    Thanks.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I go with the big hip roof boxes as i really like to look at a lot of stuff at one time and not have to paw thru it. Plano 8616s for $29. Have 8 of them and sort by types of tackle or species. Try to keep it to 3 in the boat at a time. I guess I’d rather have it along and not use it than ‘left it on shore’…

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

I have a few buddies that use the Cabela’s bag & they seem to like them.
    I’ve owned soft cases but they take a beating, broken zippers & straps…
    Just curious on experience with other bags out there.

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

I use the plano boxes, over 20 boxes for walleyes alone. I put the boxes I want for the lake Im on in my boat, varies lake to lake.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

I have/had several bags over the years but like the Cabela’s bags. I’ve had (abused lol) the backpack version for over ten years and it’s still going strong. Ice ,snow,rain heat,tossed around the boat etc and it’s still in one piece. I also have the super magnum and may get another. Are there better bags out there? Maybe but for the money (even better on sale) I like these bags.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Quote:

I have/had several bags over the years but like the Cabela’s bags. I’ve had (abused lol) the backpack version for over ten years and it’s still going strong. Ice ,snow,rain heat,tossed around the boat etc and it’s still in one piece. I also have the super magnum and may get another. Are there better bags out there? Maybe but for the money (even better on sale) I like these bags.

I have a cabelas bag and it abuse it. The strings on the zippers arnt the best but that’s an easy fix. You can find them on sale and you can get other boxes that are the same size. My vote is for the cabelas bag. It’s the only one that has lasted me. Been 4 years with it now.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Bought my bag, Denny Boyuer (sp) blue bag from Cabela’s heck I don’t know, 20ish years ago? Still doing well, just not a water proof exterior. No other issues!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve never used a bag tackle box before, as I’ve always been a fan of the hard cases. I like the Plano 6103 which I had for many years, and I just recently upgraded to the larger Plano 6134 tackle box. They can get rained on, coffee dumped on them – no big deal – just don’t tip them upside down.

bigpike

Love my Cabela’s back pack tackle bag. Great for Quetico and does great work as #2 in my boat! A good #1? You could go in 20 directions depending on what you like to fish and how you like to organize

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Cabelas used to make a rubber coated tackle bag with a rubberized bottom. – nice and WATERPROOF.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I’d first look at your boat storage, determine that & measure, its nicer to have it stored away..

trouter18

I have a large gander mountain bag, and it has held up pretty well. My problem is that it gets too heavy when I load it up with everything (jigs, plastics, sinkers really add on pounds). I think if I had to do it again, I’d go with 2 smaller ones. On a similar question, how do you guys stay organized? That is, what stuff do you lump together? Would you have just one box for hooks, sinkers, floats, etc. Or would you have a box for each species, etc. I’m looking to get better organized and kind of lost right now at how to start my system. Right now I have one container with all my hooks, floats,etc., one for all my walleye cranks (okay, actually 2), one for bass/pike, etc. When I want to go with someone else in their boat and not be the guy bringing the kitchen sink, I have to pick and choose from each box. Generally, I like to be prepared for multi-species, and I do like to sometimes just grab a smaller assortment when going in other guys boats. Any ideas?? Thanks

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

i have one little $12 13″ popular mechanics tool box that works great for me. i dont use all the lures and what not. all thats in my box is the essentials. hooks, sinkers, bobbers. Now my cooler on the other hand is another story. keeps the beer cold all night long no matter how hot the night is and has cup holders on the lid and holds a case with room to spare. been wondering bout the ones i see on tv with the grizzly jumping on it.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

I’m thinking the same way. Two smaller bags one for jigs,lindys,hooks,weights & plastics. My other one probably for a variety of cranks & spinner baits.

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

This year I have dedicated an entire rod locker to be my new tackle box! Now that my boat is stored indoors, and I can lock my locker’s I figured it sure would be nice to not have to haul around 2 bags. Unfortunately I do still have to bring my big northwoods box that takes up its own parking space for ski fishin…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.