What is it all about….????

• Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Hey all. Went and saw the Hunger Games last night.I m not sure if i liked it or not. What I really didnt get was the Hoopla surrounding it. Then again i felt the same way about Twilight (only saw the first one ).Thanks to my son for taking Mom and I. did any of you see it.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Have you read the books? I read the books and was very excited to see the movie. We saw it tonight and was very happy with it. They did a good job setting it up and creating the storyline. my wife and i did dicusss on how people would perceive the movie if they did not read the books.

I thought it was entertaining and very enjoyable to watch. I am excited for the next one! Two

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

I guess I didnt know what to expect. It was grim and sad. Lots of emotional scenes. I thought of the movie The Lord of the Flies as they were young kids also. I havent read the books. Maybe these movies, like Harry Potter and Twilight figure you have read the books. Maybe I will like it more if I think about it.I dont know. Thanks for your help. Wil

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I’m with you, the storyline is rough and I dont think it is appropriate for young kids.
    The books actually are a lot more goary than the movie. I think these movies are going to get some huge book office rwsults from the fact that so many people have read the books, and many many kids as these book were for kids in the teen years.
    i liked the colors, sounds and action that this movie had. I knew going in the point of the movie so I was not suprised by the kids stuff.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I guess I didnt know what to expect. It was grim and sad. Lots of emotional scenes. I thought of the movie The Lord of the Flies as they were young kids also.

Nice analogy….

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Flatfish and Dan. More i think i see this movie as The Lord of the Flies meets Twilight. minus vampires and the like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.