Any help would be GREAT!!!

• walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I find myself looking at a newer boat and I currently owe nothing on the boat I own. I would like to know if anybody knows a place that will finance a person with a below average credit score. Lets get one thing straight…I’m not looking for a $30K dollar loan with 20 years to pay. I am looking for something much less and shorter period of time. I am quite capable of the payments and would probably have it paid off early. I just do not have exceptional credit. Thanks to all in advance for any info and hopefully I will be able to work out some details with the new boat.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Honda marine has good finacing for a person with less than good credit

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Als specialty in rochester got me financed on a 10 k boat when i didnt have the best credit. just check the boats over good if you find any you are interested in.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Most dealers offer financing at reasonable rates, what brand of boat are you looking for?

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Try your local credit union, and shop where you want for what your want….CU’s usually have the best rates.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I am looking at a Crestliner CMV 1850 from skeeter boat center for about $15K but I can get about $4K for my boat on trade in. So I will be looking for financing on about $11K give or take a little.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Joe, did you talk to the guys at SBC about their financing?

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

on the credit union advice. I just financed part of my new boat and they had the best interest rate by far. My loan rate was 3.49 percent. I got quotes as high as 8.9 percent for the same amount and terms. All banks were the highest.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Try your local credit union, and shop where you want for what your want….CU’s usually have the best rates.

He did say he has a below average credit score so he may not be able to get a loan at a CU that is why I suggested checking with the boat dealer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.