New wheels.

• 140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

I get to pickup my new F150 today. Crew Cab with ecoboost. Can’t wait. Be the first Ford I have ever owned, my parents are gonna disown me.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have had one since december, I love mine. very fun to drive, easy on gas around town, plenty of power should you need it. Towing is ok for mileage in my opinion

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lucky Guy. I want one of those – If your parents disown you – I know a few who will now adopt you now that you have crossed over to good side

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

What kind of mileage are these getting pulling a boat as a 16ft boat is what some pull, but how are they stacking up pulling a 18 foot glass hanging a 100 horse motor on back. Have heard from some it kicks in and out of overdrive constantly and drops down to right at 12 towing.

abe
    La Crosse

I took delivery last July on my SuperCrew w/ Ecoboost. Racked up 9700 miles so far with 3 trips to Rainy Lake and 1 to Mille Lacs. Pulling a 17.5 Crestliner Fishhawk with a 115 E-TEC I normally get 15mpg on the Hwy. Without the boat I get 19 on the Hwy. In town I get 14-15 depending on I drive.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I’ve got 13000 miles on my F150 with the EcoBoost engine. If you do a lot of towing you are going to love the truck

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I have 2011 SCrew EB with almost 22,000 miles. I can’t say enough good things about it. Mileage will vary greatly with how you drive it, because when the turbos kick in your mileage will drop significantly. I drive a lot in the city and get about 17 mpg on average. When I’m outside of the city and can use cruise control, I can get up to about 22-23 mpg at 65 mph on a flat, smooth road. It’s easy to get over 20mpg on cruise up to about 70mph. I have a 17′ glass boat with a hull weight of roughly 1,100#. I get 15.5-16 mpg towing it depending on the variables.

The power of the engine is incredible. I had a 5.4 V8 before this, and it was a great truck/engine — the EB blows my old truck away.

Great truck.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Any pictures?

Congratulations on the new ride!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Be the first Ford I have ever owned, my parents are gonna disown me.

I hear ya. My Dad rolled over in the grave when I bought a used Chrysler product late last year.

Congrats on the new truck! They just keep getting better all the time (I am stuck in a time warp with a 2001).

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Quote:

Congrats on the new truck! They just keep getting better all the time (I am stuck in a time warp with a 2001).

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Charokee Larado.. Just hit 320000 miles on it last weekend. so I know how you feel stuck in a time warp.. I cant wait to get a new truck soon

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Red Candy color, rear view camera is sweet for hooking up the boat. Big upgrade pulling the Dominator over the Trailblazer. As far as towing I would expect 12 to 13, the full windshield eats up the wind. The TB only got 9 to 10 when pulling and 16 otherwise. Won’t be too hard to beat that. It is an absolute rocket when you hit the gas too. Had originally wanted the max trailer tow package but the dealer let me drive home a demo to hook to the boat to see if this would work. 80 mile round trip on the demo. When they allowed me to do that it sealed the deal. To bad the ford dealer that is 300 ft from my front door didn’t call me back. They lost a sale, must not have thought I would buy.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

The amount of leg room in the back far exceeds the chevys also. My dad had a 2010 and now a 2012 chevy crew half ton and they are just too cramped in back. And the kids can’t touch each other either which will make for quieter rides also. Being able to get the 6.5ft box is nice too.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

The TB only got 9 to 10 when pulling and 16 otherwise. Won’t be too hard to beat that.

Really? Was that with a 6-cyl? My bro-in-law pulls his 21′ Mastercraft ski boat (which I would imagine is quite a bit heavier) with his V8 Trailblazer and does better than that.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Yep straight 6. Couldn’t pull boat on flat land in overdrive even. It is one of the worst vehicles GM has ever made. There is no reason something that size can’t get a 25mpg avg. The best I ever got on a tank was 19. Maybe it is a better vehicle with the V8.

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

I just traded my chevy to my wifes uncle for a 94 f-150 extended cab with the straight 6. Cheasper on gas and more room, but being a chevy guy all my life i feel a lil out a place!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.