With new invasive fish, come new opportunities….

• mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

With the silver carp being found in the Mississippi by Winona, we might have found something fun to try in a few years when the population explodes…

Peoria Carp Hunters

This might be the best fishing video, EVER!

My favorite is the shredder at the end and it actually WORKING!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I know this could never happen due to safety concerns. However I’d love to go shotgunning the jumping carp.

PULL!

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

rather they would be here

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

I know this could never happen due to safety concerns. However I’d love to go shotgunning the jumping carp.

PULL!

X2. I was just thinking the same thing.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

One, when you impale yourself with any of those fine instruments, just how do you explain it to the rescue squad, hospital crew, your insurance company, or anyone for that matter….

Can you imaging driving by a DNR officer, and being able to read his mind as he looks at what the heck you are doing?

I really like the ideal of the shotgun.

Pretty sad though that you need to run a plastic fence on the front of boats in those waters now.

Funny video… not sure where kids come up with these ideas, but good for them!

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Hmmmm, lord knows that making a joke about a serious problem is human nature. Not sure why that is and I’m as guilty as anyone else. But seriously, my group (AFH) and 10 other NGO’s, plus almost all our MN Congressional and Senate leaders and most State legislators are working on this. Not to mention the thousands of hours that are dedicated by citizen conservationists to minimizing the impact. And as much as I enjoy the antics, in my book this is no joking matter.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

PULL!

I would do it on P3 easily. Safety would be easy. Matter of fact I would even be environmentally safe because I have so many old steel shells to get rid of!! Get in on it early because cops will get wise and start handing out tickets once the newness wears off…..

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It looks to me like a Miller family reunion! I swear I saw Sauger as the “Dream Catcher” and Dean (His Bro inlaw) driving the ski boat! Bob would be eating snacks out of a 5 gallon bucket.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

It seems the dream catcher is the right idea just too small. Why wouldn’t it work to have a boat with large net outriggers and drive up and down the river and the fish will jump right into the nets. I know you could not get them all but maybe keep the problem manageable and use the carp for fertilizer. Shooting them with shotguns sounds like a lot of fun also.

red89
    Hudson

somebody is going to lose a finger..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.