time for new F150 tires

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

The price of tires seems to be getting higher every year. Other then Goodyear anyone have any positive experiences with other brands? Best price I can get on Goodyear seems to be Sams Club for the 255/70R17’s 2004 F150 ExtCab 4×4

big_g
    Isle, MN

Good luck with Hankook’s here Your size we get $150 a tire here.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I put a set of Nitto Terra Grapler tires on a while back and no complaints here. Fairly aggressive tread but yet quiet on the highway and they seem to be holding up real well.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Had Brigestone Dueler Revos on my 2002 F-150 and loved them — quiet, good traction, etc. I went with Firestone tires the second go round and the traction was OK, but noisy.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

A bunch of my buddies have switched to the Hankooks. They are having good luck with them so far.

starvin pilgrim

Put Good Year Wranglers on my 07-150 a year ago. Love them. 20″ rims, so they cost a lot, But I have’nt regreted it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

How aggressive do you want to go? I put a set of General Grabber HTS on my Sequoia about a year and a half ago and have been pleased with them. I narrowed it down to the Grabbers and the Hankooks–sounds like I would have been pleased either way.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Cooper Discoverer
    Keep an eye open for Mills FF to run a sale.
    Buy 3 get the 4th free.

Hard to beat.

starvin pilgrim

Quote:

Put Good Year Wranglers on my 07-150 a year ago. Love them. 20″ rims, so they cost a lot, But I have’nt regreted it.

I guess I did’nt read your post close enough

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Lucky you only have 17’s. Just put a set of 18″ Cooper AT3’s on my F150. $911 out the door at Dales in St Michael. Very happy with them so far. Not super aggressive, but nice and quiet on the highway.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Had Brigestone Dueler Revos on my 2002 F-150 and loved them —

I have had two set of these on my 01 F150 and like them too.

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

I love the Falkens I put on my Suburban.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto ditto. I ha 2 sets on my 99 F150 and liked them. Only problem is that it was a stretch to get them to 50k even when they were regularly rotated.

I now have a ’10 F150 and had to buy new tires this week. I put on the Firestone Destination AT. Good aggressive tread and very quiet. 18″ rims and a hair under $1100 with an alignment for the C load range tire. I have a pickup camper.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

My 2011 F150 SCrew 6.6 box has goodyear tires and about 18k miles on them, almost worn with 3 rotations so far, the only bad part of my truck. I will be getting new tires soon.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Good luck with Hankook’s here

Big G, every time someone brings up tires you mention Hankook and you should know because you probably deal with tire issues every day. Is your admiration for their tires based on wear, performance, price, lack of returns? Any stats to back them up? I am interested because I am the “hide in my garage new owner” of a used Town and Country that will need tires this year.

I have been buying Road Runners at FF for other vehicles. I never get close to the mileage they claim, but have always been given a generous adjustment on the next set and their initial price is very reasonable. As everyone else, always looking for the holy grail of tires and am willing to switch if there is a good reason.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto ditto. I ha 2 sets on my 99 F150 and liked them. Only problem is that it was a stretch to get them to 50k even when they were regularly rotated.

I now have a ’10 F150 and had to buy new tires this week. I put on the Firestone Destination AT. Good aggressive tread and very quiet. 18″ rims and a hair under $1100 with an alignment for the C load range tire. I have a pickup camper.

Me too. I like them. I have had mine now for two years and like them a lot. I have a 04′ F150.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck with Hankook’s here

Big G, every time someone brings up tires you mention Hankook and you should know because you probably deal with tire issues every day. Is your admiration for their tires based on wear, performance, price, lack of returns? Any stats to back them up? I am interested because I am the “hide in my garage new owner” of a used Town and Country that will need tires this year.

I have been buying Road Runners at FF for other vehicles. I never get close to the mileage they claim, but have always been given a generous adjustment on the next set and their initial price is very reasonable. As everyone else, always looking for the holy grail of tires and am willing to switch if there is a god reason.

Every one of my friends that needs tires, I recommend Hankooks. Plain and simple, they are a very good tire at a very good price. A few memebers here, one with a Dodge, two with Chevys, I put Hankooks on all their trucks. I do it because I drink beer with these guys all the time and don’t want to have shi77y tires be the topic Plus I tell everyone, shop me Nobody beats me !!! I’m the whiz !!! (a little Seinfeld humor )

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Nobody beats me !!! I’m the whiz !!!

Maybe you should change your avatar.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Were the Wiz and Desperado guy the same person?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Hang on for a few hours, I might have a good deal for you. I am assuming our old tenant left the tires there(nearly new, possibly brand new Goodyears), which I am sure they did. They were 17’s, I know that much.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Had Brigestone Dueler Revos on my 2002 F-150 and loved them — quiet, good traction, etc. I went with Firestone tires the second go round and the traction was OK, but noisy.

X2 – on my 2nd set on my 150

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

The price of tires seems to be getting higher every year. Other then Goodyear anyone have any positive experiences with other brands? Best price I can get on Goodyear seems to be Sams Club for the 255/70R17’s 2004 F150 ExtCab 4×4

The name is right. GOODYEAR = GOOD FOR A YEAR

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

BFGoodrich AT. A friend of mine has a ’06 F150 and no lie, he has 78,000 miles on his. Yes he needs new ones, but still, i have yet to see a truck tire go that many miles. He has 20″ wheels. Needless to say i just put a set on my GMC. I put 285/75/16’s on and it was just under $1100.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Went the General Grabber HTS had Coopers on. No complaint on Coopers traction, didn’t have much luck on the tread life. Only had the General’s since spring but right away I noticed how quiet they were, smoother ride, and even a bit better gas mileage. I did see that when I bought the Generals Consumers Guide rated them #3, a best buy. Now they are at about #7. I was driving all over Leeech and Winni last weekend and had no troubles, well no one else had troubles either.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Same truck, GY Dura Track Load range E 70,000 miles on them. I have about 25% wear left on them. They are $$$$ but hands down the best I have had for wear and grip. I will defiantly buy them again.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just last september, put a new set of GY’s on the wifes Durango, it came with Goodyears and they went 76K so I really couldn’t switch (she liked the ride and they wore well)… could have went another 5-6K if it wasn’t that winter was coming…which finally got here yesterday

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Same truck, GY Dura Track Load range E 70,000 miles on them. I have about 25% wear left on them.

Mark,

I was looking at those tires the other day. I’m assuming that you are talking about Wrangler DuraTrac. I really like the more aggressive tread. How is the road noise with these tires? My only concern is that they might be on the noisy side.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Just last september, put a new set of GY’s on the wifes Durango, it came with Goodyears

So you put your friends in Hakook’s and the wife in GY…hmmmmmmm…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Load Range E = stiffer sidewall. Of course they are a hard compound so wear is good, but ride quality (sound/smoothness) is sacrificed… but hey, it’s a truck

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Just last september, put a new set of GY’s on the wifes Durango, it came with Goodyears

So you put your friends in Hakook’s and the wife in GY…hmmmmmmm…

If my wife drove a truck, she would get about 40K out of GY and I would switch it to Hankooks. The SRA’s on the Durango gives the best ride and good tread mileage, so to keep the wife happy For your van I would recommend these… Hankook also

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.