Best Bang for the $$$

• spd800
    NW Metro

Looking at getting a couple of more spinngs rods now that the kids are getting older and more interested in fishing. I was planning on spending around $100.00/rod. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Pflueger President and a Fenwick Eagle GT will put you a little over $100 but a fantastic combo.

spd800
    NW Metro

Sorry I should have clarified, I’m looking at $100 just for the rod. Thanks for the reply Targaman

josh a

In my opinion the shimano clarus is the best for the money. I think i got mine for around 65 bucks. there graphite, sensitive and have a lifetime warranty with an over the counter replacement policy, no sending it in and waiting for a new one. I use mine for jigging walleyes and occasionally casting for smallmouth. i think its always better to save a little on the rod to upgrade the reel

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I’d go with any of the st. criox rods.
    There’s a bunch in even on clearance right now, you can Find them here
    I got my first one at age 12, amazing rods and customer service if they happen to break one

big_g
    Isle, MN

They are not $100, they just perform like em… Mr Walleye

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I like the shimano Crucials. They are normally around $150 but they redesigned them this year and some stores have clearanced the old ones. Reeds sold me a couple for well under $100.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Second on the Crucial.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i agree with G, the mr walleye are great rods for the money. you can find last years models on the clearance racks right now for as cheap as $39

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

The Mojo’s are nice rods, I’ve got several. But, check around, I just picked up 2 Avid series St. Croix’s from Dick’s in Davenport for $99 last week (retail $190). They had a half dozen left as of last Wednesday evening. With the Rage rods coming out, some of the larger retailers are getting rid of inventory. Hard to beat a lifetime warrenty!

My 2 cents.

clicker

how old are the kids??

I wish my dad would have bought me 100$ rods! I know growing up i had cheap rods for a reason because id drop them, hit the boat with them when i was bored ect…..

i would just buy a decent cheap one if i were you until they are old enough to know the value of 100$

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I just picked up 2 Avid series St. Croix’s from Dick’s in Davenport for $99 last week (retail $190).

Dang! That’s awesome.

I got a Temple Fork Outfitters spinning rod (7′ ML) 2 years ago. They retail at $100, and I have been happy thus far.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

St. Croix all the way – Either the Mojo Bass or the Eyecon will be within your pricepoint

spd800
    NW Metro

Quote:

how old are the kids??

I wish my dad would have bought me 100$ rods! I know growing up i had cheap rods for a reason because id drop them, hit the boat with them when i was bored ect…..

i would just buy a decent cheap one if i were you until they are old enough to know the value of 100$

These will primarly be my rods but when I take the kids/wife out I don’t want to spend alot of time re-tying their rods, I will already have rods ready to go.

spd800
    NW Metro

Quote:

Quote:

I just picked up 2 Avid series St. Croix’s from Dick’s in Davenport for $99 last week (retail $190).

Dang! That’s awesome.

I got a Temple Fork Outfitters spinning rod (7′ ML) 2 years ago. They retail at $100, and I have been happy thus far.

I looked at the TFO’s the other day, just not sure how I would like the handles.

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

i kinda feel outa place now. I realy like shakespears firebird rod and a zebco 33. Rods real sensative and the reel is a zebco, my number one choice for any reel. Whole combo is like $20. I love fishing but $40 is the most i ever spent on my cat pole.

palolo

Quote:

Pflueger President

x2

IMO best bang for your $$ is an ugly stik..my ‘ol faithful

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.