Greek Restauraunt near bloomington/apple valley??

• jennyhanson416
    Polk County, WI

Ok guys I need your help from the ones from the bloomington/apple valley area… I was to a greek restaurant down in that area somewhere about 5 years ago.. It had a dark wood exterior, not a huge restaurant, kinda away from everything else.. I remember it had great Falafel, Baked Kibbeh, and Tabbouleh.. I want to say most entrees were roughly $20.. and it was authentic.. not like all the gyro places..
    I can not remember the name of the place or even the exact location of the place, and I don’t know how to contact the guy that took me there (nor do I care to talk to him.. ) Any of you guys know where I am talking about?? or know of any other greek restaurants near the cities that you can get “authentic” greek food that’s worth the drive from WI and the $

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Just Google search Greek Restaurants Twin Cities. There are quite a few. Good luck!

Joel

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

Does Santorini sound familiar?

Doesn’t have the exterior you describe, but definitely worth the drive.

jennyhanson416
    Polk County, WI

I looked at google maps street view of santorini’s old location and no that is not the place that I was at.. but have looked at their menu online..

jennyhanson416
    Polk County, WI

does anyone remember what the Mediterranean Cruise Cafe looked like in Eagan before they moved to Burnsville??
    That is I think the closest thing I can come up with as to where it might have been.. The Med. Cafe moved to burnsville and Ansari’s opened in Eagan in the old bakers square.. Which now I’m not sure if Ansari’s is even open cause of a fire they had.. ugh..

mfreeman451

sounds like the cruise cafe to me.. and btw it is definitely not greek, I can’t think of any greek restaurant ever being in that area either.

Check out Ansari’s (same family, their “2nd” restaurant) in Eagan, you’ll find the same food there and everything is good.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I think your describing the Da Afghan Restaurant which is now closed. It was off American blvd and back away from other places.

stuart
    Mn.

Mediterranean Cruise Cafe is as close to greek as you will find around here.I go there often and have never been disappointed.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

the other Afghanistan place is Caravan Serai on Ford Parkway in St. Paul (Highland Park). My favorite (without the ambiance) is Holy Land on Central Ave in NE Mpls. They also have a branch in the Midtown Gobal Market on Lake St (old Sears blg)it might be worth a trip to the Market, it is a large food court with all ethnic restaurants – no chain restaurants. I like the Ethiopian place. Often on the weekends they have local artists playing music on the center stage. This is not a dress up place

http://www.midtownglobalmarket.org/EventCalender?timezone_offset=0_360&calendarOp=html

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

TOPS is the only greek place I know of around here. Worth the money if you’re in the rosemount area.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Jen,
    Try “It’s Greek To Me” in Uptown Minneapolis. It’s at the intersection of Lyndale and Lake streets. In my opinion it’s the best Greek food in the Twin Cities and surprisingly inexpensive. I grew up in Chicago and had several Greek friends so I developed a taste for authentic Greek food. It’s Greek To Me is as good as the restaurants in Chicago’s Greek Town area.
    Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

fishdale

The Mediterranean Cruise Cafe moved from Eagan to Burnsville food is good. I prefer ansaris in Eagan (Cliff and 35E) It is owned by the brother inlaw of the guy that owns Mediterranean Cruise Cafe. I prefer the food at ansaris more than Mediterranean Cruise Cafe.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Med Cruise is Lebanese food, which is pretty much Greek. Great food. As long as everyone else is making other recommendations, try Beirut on Robert St. It’s my #1 for Lebanese/Greek food. Their garlic sauce is incredible.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Jen,
    Try “It’s Greek To Me” in Uptown Minneapolis. It’s at the intersection of Lyndale and Lake streets. In my opinion it’s the best Greek food in the Twin Cities and surprisingly inexpensive. I grew up in Chicago and had several Greek friends so I developed a taste for authentic Greek food. It’s Greek To Me is as good as the restaurants in Chicago’s Greek Town area.
    Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

X2 use to eat there every week for the 6 years I worked in uptown area – Great food. if they have the Greek Spaghetti on the menu try it. It use to be a weekly special

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.