MN Wild – how long will this slide continue?

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Pug – let’s hear your insight on this awful free fall they are going through. Can the Wild aka Houston Aero’s team turn it around with all the injuries?

My biggest fear of a team that relies heavily on a hot goalie is what happens when his nut cup gets a little tight? A hot goalie goes a long way in the playoffs but the full season is a long, hard grind…

Sure hope they get healthy and fast!

skeeterbite
    illinois

You need to start watching THE BLACKHAWKS Now thats a Championship team. We have 2 good goalies and plenty of fire power.

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

I like the Hawks. They had a great rivelry with the North Stars. But watching the Wild on this slide is painful. Love the new coach but the injuries are really hurting us right now. When they all get healthy it will be Game On!!! Then we will be happy to take on the Hawks and beat them in there back yard .

Lets see who comes back after Christmas break???

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A HEALTHY NEW YEAR

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Pug – let’s hear your insight on this awful free fall they are going through.

Don’t worry coaching will get us through this..

Of the course the injury’s are the main problem with this epic collapse but to be honest I don’t think we were that good to begin with..

Heatley to this point has been a big disappointment, for me anyway!

Go Wild..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

epic collapse but to be honest I don’t think we were that good to begin with..

Heatley to this point has been a big disappointment, for me anyway!

Go Wild..

Epic collapse??? They are second in the West. They are 6 points in front of 8th place for the playoffs, albeit they have more games played than most behind them.

This Christmas break couldn’t have come at a better time. They obviously need Koivu back and missed him dearly. Cullen and Brodz, as much as I love them, can’t come close to filling the hole he left. How hard is it for a line with Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Hall to dominate a line centered by one of these two? Or even for Iginla to dominate? Don’t even think about the Sedins and Burrows.

Taffe, Ortmeyer, Palmer and Peters are band-aids. They’d be fine covering for 1 injury, a small cut. The problem is with 3 top 6 forwards out, they are band aids patched together to stop a gash from bleeding.

I am not too concerned about making the playoffs, but they need Setoguchi back as well and they will be fine. Even during the run I could see Vancouver getting hot and conceded that they probably will be the NW champs. But I still see this team as a top 5 in the West. They just need to get healthy.

Am I worried? No, not at this point. A lot of people were waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it were a shoe dropping, it would have come before reaching 20-8-3.

We should really know by the end of January, because they have a lot of games now until then against tough opponents.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

I definitely agree that Heater is a big disappointment. He leads the team in shots but far to many have been square at the goalies chest. I think another D man and one of the goalies are gonna need to go to try to find some scoring help. Likely Backstrom and Schultz. Zidlicky and Zannon aren’t gonna convince anyone to give up a scorer. But i have a feeling we are going to be stuck with this team here this year and wait till our young uns are here next year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m not disappointed in Heater. He had 20 goals on a seemingly more potent offense in San Jose. I said I’d be happy if he scored 20, which he is on pace to do. He’s been decling the last 3 years.

I am more disappointed in Setoguchi who I thought with more playing time would bump his numbers up. I thought he could score 30 here.

In any event, I’ll take Heater over Havlat who has been oft injured and set guys up. We have enough set up guys. I am even happy with Burns for Seto, Coyle and a first round pick. I forget who we chose with the pick, but he’s playing in the World Juniors this week. We are going to have a glut of defensemen.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Epic collapse???

Epic or ironic call it what you like in the sense that just 6 game’s ago some posters were anointing them a 1st round Home-field playoff series. And some suggested that even with current rash of injuries that some-how our magical coach would see them to victory.

Like I said 6 games ago. I wanna see this team after the smoke and mirrors or new coach hype wears off and we find out exactly where we are as a team. I just kind of figured we couldn’t continue to play from behind in NHL and be as good/lucky as we were getting.

Hopefully we can get this turned around with an addition or two down the road!

Go Wild!

mojogunter

Backstrom has a no trade, and is making 6 million. I doubt he is the goalie traded. Zannon is in his final year, and my guess he will be the Dman to go. Koivu’s injury should at the very least shut up the people that don’t realize his true value as a two way player on this team.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Go to the Wild message board. There are idiots on there still claiming he shouldn’t be captain.

Pier, I think you might have said you were waiting for the other shoe to drop in the other thread? I wasn’t directing that phrase at you personally (it crossed my mind when writing that it might be taken that way), its what everyone has been saying. I just wanted to clarify that.

Like I said before, any success this year is great. I am looking to the next couple of seasons. Zucker is the US captain for the World Juniors. He’s a Wild prospect. He’ll be playing with Charlie Coyle, another prospect. Then there is Granlund, who will be representing Finland. Brodin and Larsson representing Sweden. It should be interesting to follow the Junior Championship.

How About Them Hawks!
    LOL, you have to love hockey players. John Scott was hilarious.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

NHL Network is airing a couple World Junior Championship games today.

Canada vs. Finland 2:30 (Granlund)

USA vs. Denmark 7:00 (Coyle, Zucker)

Wild on at 5pm vs the suddenly better Avs behind JS Jiggy Giguere. My guess is it will be a low scoring 2-1 type game. We’ll see how the team reacts to Koivu coming back. I think it frees up Cullen and Bradz to have a good game. Look for Bradz to have a good night and get back on track.

I just saw Varlamov is in net instead. Good opportunity to get back on track.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Canada looks good. Can’t wait to see them lock horns with the USA!!!!

Go USA and Wild! Wild are on DISH ch. 444 at 4:30.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Canada looks good. Can’t wait to see them lock horns with the USA!!!!

Go USA and Wild! Wild are on DISH ch. 444 at 4:30.

The Granlund brothers took a thrashing. Granlund does look good though. The guy has some good moves and can stick handle, not that we need another Bouchard…

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

The Wild tonight just didn’t bring enough umph for 60 minutes! The hit on Spurgeon really seemed to shift them into neutral and they couldn’t find drive again…. Sure hope something good happens Wed….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The Spurgeon ht was unbelievable. Almost exactly the same as what happened to Butch and hopefully it isn’t worse.

The team needs its mojo back and soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.