Gray Wolves are being delisted

• dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I just got a breaking news email from WDNR and the U.S. Fish and wildlife is going to remove the gray wolf from the endanged species list, this will allow States like Wisconsin to finally be able to manage the populations in their states. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hopefully it sticks this time.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Is this at the end of the endless court challenges from the usual suspects or at the begining?

dd

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

I hope we get a season here in MN!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Repost when we can start shootin’ them.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

Repost when we can start shootin’ them.

I predict about the same time they build a new bridge in Stillwater, as that is pretty much the same crowd…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whoo hoo open season on puppies!

arklite881south

Quote:

An open season has been accepted on the families hound chasing deer for many years. It has been legal to shoot the family dog chasing deer, but not the gray wolf.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I was hoping you would see the post Chris, it is a step in the write direction. Due to finals I have not had the time today to look at what the WDNR has planned yet. I did see something about some permits and predator reduction mentioned but I am looking forward to really getting into their plan. The dnr here was told to be ready to implement their plan on Feb 1. I know by talking to some DNR biologist they have had some plans in the works for a while so this should not be a problem. Now can only hope they do the right things to lower the pop and the politics stay out of it (I know but I can wish ). Hope your ice fishing is still going well, still to warm here almost 40 today .

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

An open season has been accepted on the families hound chasing deer for many years. It has been legal to shoot the family dog chasing deer, but not the gray wolf.

That’s bat poop crazy.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Went to WDNR web site. There managment plan has no intent on selling permits. Land owners may get permision and all kills will go to the DNR. Looks like no hunting wolfs for me.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That’s bat poop crazy.

Guano pugs, Guano

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Go buy some land and put decoys of toddlers out.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I would say have some patience mower, if they put out right away they were going to instill hunting of wolves the animal rights groups would be all over them and maybe even causing a relisting of the wolves. It is a step in the right direction and once they realize that what they are doing is not enough I think we will see further changes. All I can say on that is I have some sources that makes me believe that. The oppurnity to make money will be a motivator in addition they want people in the wolves range to accept them. It has been proven many time over in many countries that putting a local value on an animal or animals works and even leads to better local protection. It sucks having to be patience but what choice do we have, we just have to keep voicing ourselves.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I just got a breaking news email from WDNR and the U.S. Fish and wildlife is going to remove the gray wolf from the endanged species list, this will allow States like Wisconsin to finally be able to manage the populations in their states. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

Anybody want to guess what a NON-res wolf tag would cost? I’m ready!

timmy

Too bad the MN DNR is so useless on this topic. They will probably continue to spend tons of cash for ‘professional’ hunters and sharpshooters to ‘control’ them.

Funny part is that wolves were never once rare, endangered, or even threatened in MN…..they have always been here ……always…….idiots.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Just don’t give them your arms you will need them for shooting.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.