officer down Lake City

• clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Shot this morningvand air lifted to Rochester

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LAKE CITY, Minn. – Authorities say a police officer is in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head after responding to a domestic call in the southeastern Minnesota community of Lake City Monday morning.

The shooting took place just after 8:30 a.m. at a house near Highway 63.

Two officers responded to the home after a woman called 911 from inside the house. One officer went to the back of the house and one officer went to the front door. The officer at the front door was shot in the head.

Lake City Police Chief Gary Majchrzak says the officer was taken to Saint Mary’s Hospital in Rochester via air ambulance and is listed in critical condition.

The suspect retreated back into the house where he remains as of 11:30 a.m. The house is surrounded by members of the SWAT team.

The suspect is described as a white man, about 6 feet 1 inches tall, and weighing around 225 pounds. Deputies are asking anyone who may see the suspect to call 911.

The neighborhood near the scene has been blocked off.

Schools in Lake City have been locked down. Superintendent Craig Junker tells The Associated Press that includes Lincoln High and Middle schools and Bluff View Elementary. Junker says doors to the buildings and classroom doors are locked, shades are drawn and students have been instructed to stay away from the windows. The district includes about 1,200 students. St. John’s Lutheran School was also locked down.

Police would not say where the woman is or what her condition is at this time.

About 100 officers and deputies from all over southeastern Minnesota are on the scene, including Lake City, Goodhue and Wabasha County, SWAT Teams from Olmsted and Wabasha counties and Minnesota State Patrol.

There are only ten law enforcement officers in Lake City.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

What happened? I hope he will be alright? Any day any time these guys put their lives on the line.
    We do not always like to see them, (particularly in the rearview mirror) but they protect and serve constantly!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The local noon news said it was a domestic call and that he was one of two officers responding to the call. He’d gone to the rear or side of the house and was shot in the head either once or twice. Two shots were reported.

Right now he is in critical condition.

At the end of the segment I listened to I thought they just got word that the house where this happened was termed “safe” now but that no suspect was in custody. I may have heard wrong as I didn’t have the hearing aid in.

Damned shame at this time of year. My prayers go to this officer and his family. I also pray that this is the end of the situation there. Shootings are always bad. Involving a cop or during the holidays like this compounds everything. The shooter is a real zero.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Thoughts and prayers to the family of the cop. If in fact the shooter is on the run my thoughts and prayers go to the cops chasing him. May you only need one shot.

Guys, I don’t care what she said, I don’t care what she did, I don’t care how Crappy your job is, I don’t care how much you drank. Take a walk, pack your crap and leave, there is NO REASON, to hit a women. Then to shoot a cop who is doing his job? You will get yours soon.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Prayers for the officer…

stuart
    Mn.

Leaving the house this morning saw all the police heading down there and knew it wasn’t good.Hoping for a good out come for the officer!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

That’s too bad! Hoping the SWAT aims true!!

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Prayers to the officer, his family and friends. Prayers to the family of the shooter too,I suspect they are going to need them too.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Update just off the news:
    He was shot in the neck and is in Critical Condition at St Mary’s. The police have not been in contact with the suspect. They believe he is still in the house. Reporter (the fricken idiot) said that the police were moving on the house. Gee tell him they are coming why dont ya!!!! My gut tells me he offed himself. We will see.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

This makes no sence.

The house is surrounded by members of the SWAT team.

Deputies are asking anyone who may see the suspect to call 911.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

The local news here reported that they cannot contact the guy. They think he is in the house, but may have slipped out immediately after the shooting. There were two officers at the home. When one was shot I assume the other guy went to his aid immediately and made the 911 call. I assume that time is when they are not sure about. Again, my assumptions.

Brian Hoffies

This is where the do gooders have to take a walk down to Wal-Mart. This coward may be in the house or he may be gone. The cops need to shoot some tear gas in and then storm the house. They should have gone in right away. If he is in there great, either cuff him or bag him. If he isn’t they need to track this fool down.

Again, prayers to the families.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Post deleted by curmudgeon

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The woman was taken to the hospital earlier today suffering from injuries they suspect are related to the domestic thing. The shooter is 25 years old and from Hagar City. If the dink was worth anything he’d show up at the door and point the gun at a cop…..save the tax-payers some $$$.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Thanks Tom, I hadn’t heard that.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I think he shot himself. Just a guess…

Brian Hoffies

They just said on the news (channel 11) that the cops went in at 4:30 but didn’t say if the guy was there or not. They also reported that the kids were still in lock down at the schools as of 6 pm. Strange.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Our local news has just suggested that an undertaker may be at the scene right now.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Just googled it and they are reporting they found a males body on the second floor that they believe is he guy. Sad day alot of families, I hope the officer pulls through and will go on to live a long life with his family.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

I was up there watching the whole thing, officers and swat did a great job.. Schools did the right thing, we even had to sign the kids out after they opened the doors… And the good news is the swat didnt need to waste any bullets…

Prayers sent for Shawn and his family…

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

The cops need to shoot some tear gas in and then storm the house. They should have gone in right away. If he is in there great, either cuff him or bag him. If he isn’t they need to track this fool down.

We should have had you there to go in and get him. You could have saved us all a bunch of time. You sound like quite the expert in law enforcement tactics, or maybe just an [censored].

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

The cops need to shoot some tear gas in and then storm the house. They should have gone in right away. If he is in there great, either cuff him or bag him. If he isn’t they need to track this fool down.

We should have had you there to go in and get him. You could have saved us all a bunch of time. You sound like quite the expert in law enforcement tactics, or maybe just an [censored].

Not always easy doing what you do Josh.Thank you and all your team mates.Don’t lets the asses get under your skin,they are in the minority.
    Praying for the officer and all involved.

Brian Lyons

Quote:

Quote:

Lindy ,Sean and I are right behind you Josh! Thanks for your service.

B,L,S&Anna

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My thoughts and prayers go out to the officer and his family, thank God for all the men and women in law enforcement & the military who keep us safe here at home and abroad.

Here is the link to the story on WCCO.

Click here for link

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.