Anybody know anything about Xpress boats?

• Wadsworth

I’ve never been in one, but I’m interested, they’re an aluminum bass boat that is supposed to be a good design, any of you guys owned or fished in one?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I run an Xpress duck boat. It is one tough SOB. I’ve hit things with it that would have totaled another boat made with rivets. There isnt’ one rivet in the entire boat. I’m very happy with mine which is a 2003. I recently priced it on a trade and they were willing to give me almost what I paid for it.

mojogunter

Just curious how you can be so sure a boat made with rivets would have broke apart? I don’t own a boat with rivets, but I have had a couple(Pro-V’s), and I beat the crap out of them on big water, and neither of them had an issue of any kind. I never hit an object with them though. Just wondering if you had personal experience with one breaking?

Quote:

I run an Xpress duck boat. It is one tough SOB. I’ve hit things with it that would have totaled another boat made with rivets. There isnt’ one rivet in the entire boat. I’m very happy with mine which is a 2003. I recently priced it on a trade and they were willing to give me almost what I paid for it.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I bought an 18′ bass layout used. I have only had it since last summer. I like it so far. The only thinkg it does not seem to have is a drain on the floor when it rains. I am sure I could put one in really easy if I wished to. I like the fact that there is no wood! so far so good though.

Wadsworth

Did you buy an Xpress Haywood? If so, what year and model if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote:

I bought an 18′ bass layout used. I have only had it since last summer. I like it so far. The only thinkg it does not seem to have is a drain on the floor when it rains. I am sure I could put one in really easy if I wished to. I like the fact that there is no wood! so far so good though.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Mojo,

The last two 16 foot flat bottoms I owned I totalled on the water. Both of them were lighter weight riveted boats. Both of them came apart when the rivets failed. I’m sure higher end riveted boats are fine and the rivets never fail. Xpress boats are made of thicker gauged Aluminum than the more popular brands. I ran mine up on a closing dam one time doing about 20 mph. When I got back to the launch I thought I would have a bad hole and it didn’t even hardly leave a scratch. I also hit pier one time on Lake Mendota that was in the middle of the lake broken free. It stopped me cold from forward progress and also barely scratched the paint.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

Did you buy an Xpress Haywood? If so, what year and model if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote:

2001 H52, Ya I think that is correct? Nice memory Wow!

Wadsworth

Thanks Haywood, remember the old 12 foot aluminum you sold about 10 years ago? My buddy bought it from you, I was with him when we picked it up.

Man time flies!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2001 H52, Ya I think that is correct? Nice memory Wow!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

FWIW, the next boat I buy will probably be an Express. Nice boats at a decent price/value. Agree with Wisker, I’ll never own a riveted hull if I can possibly avoid it. I too have trashed every one I have owned – in short order.

-J.

mojogunter

Cool Thanks. What kind of lighter riveted boats did you run that had issues if you don’t mind my asking?

Quote:

Mojo,

The last two 16 foot flat bottoms I owned I totalled on the water. Both of them were lighter weight riveted boats. Both of them came apart when the rivets failed. I’m sure higher end riveted boats are fine and the rivets never fail. Xpress boats are made of thicker gauged Aluminum than the more popular brands. I ran mine up on a closing dam one time doing about 20 mph. When I got back to the launch I thought I would have a bad hole and it didn’t even hardly leave a scratch. I also hit pier one time on Lake Mendota that was in the middle of the lake broken free. It stopped me cold from forward progress and also barely scratched the paint.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Mojo,

You have a PM.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.