Good Gun Shop – Near Madison, WI

• nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Where should a guy go? Not interested in Gander or other big box.

Looking to buy a hand gun.

I live between Madison and Milwaukee.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Rusk gun shop was always good

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Not sure what you’re looking for, but if you’re looking for just a plinker (I know you said no big box stores but this is a good deal), Cabelas has a great deal on the Ruger MKIII Bull 22 pistol for $299 with 3 clips, holslter etc….

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Rusk gun shop was always good

They went out of business a few years back. Other than Gander, I don’t know of anywhere in Madison. I believe Madison has a law against selling handguns, which is why Rusk closed, and Gander moved out of town. I would try Wilderness in Sauk City.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Try Dam Road Gun shop in delavan.

stratos_375
    Southern Wisconsin

Deerfield Pistol and Equipment in Deefield has a nice selection of pistols, they also have an indoor range with rental guns so a lot of times you can shoot a pistol you are looking to buy to make sure you like it. They are right on Main st on the west side of the road.
    Geoff

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

There’s a shop called PT firearms in Cross Plains, but that’s about 45 min west of Madison.

Dakotah

I really like the 22 long rifle Browning Buck Mark I have. It is the straightest shooting pistol I have and cheep to target practice with. I have a 380 Bersa that I cannot keep a good pattern with. I don’t even know why I keep it accept it is a good carry defense pistol. I suggest something with at least a 5.5″ barrel for target plinking. I get better deals at a small gun shop at times. Good Luck finding a good deal.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve been doing everything with Shooter’s Supply in Lamira. I know its a long drive for you, but the customer service and gunsmith services is outstanding!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

2nd Wilderness in Sauk.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.