Lowrance H2O – what replaced it??

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have a Lowrance H2O which I really like. My buddy is looking for something like it. I did a small search and really came up with nothing . Does anyone have a suggestion on a hand held GPS that a Lake Master Chip will work in??

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Will a Garmin 76 NOT read a LakeMaster chip??

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I have a Lowrance H2O which I really like. My buddy is looking for something like it. I did a small search and really came up with nothing . Does anyone have a suggestion on a hand held GPS that a Lake Master Chip will work in??

I have a H2O I’d sell for $175. Great shape.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Either ebay or CL should have a used one available. The Endure(?) replaced the H2O.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Anyone know if a Garmin76 will rad a lakemaster chip??

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Look what they say on the LM home page:

“LakeMaster Lake Maps apologizes for any inconvenience this suspension of online sales of the Lowrance® and Garmin® Digital GPS maps may cause our valued customers. “

Pretty amazing when ther is no current product that can accomplish what the good ole H2O can. Maybe there is and someone will chime in but I hope mine keeps working for a lot longer.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

Anyone know if a Garmin76 will rad a lakemaster chip??

I have the Garmin 76cx, love it! Same set of batteries put in last winter are still going strong. You will have to find a Garmin Lakemaster chip though. Went from being fed up with my H2O power cord troubles and a few other troubles to the Garmin with zero issues.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I use a garmin Nuvi 500. Works great with a garmin lakemaster chip. It’s mounted on the boat in the summer and a sled in the winter.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I use a garmin Nuvi 500. Works great with a garmin lakemaster chip. It’s mounted on the boat in the summer and a sled in the winter.

I may have to check into one of those.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I have a h2o color expedtion, I’d sell for 200.00

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have a HuntC (same as the H2Oc, but with a hunting theme) with the lakemaster chip, I would sell for $250… and I will leave my “trails” from last winter on Mille Lacs

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

I have a HuntC (same as the H2Oc, but with a hunting theme) with the lakemaster chip, I would sell for $250… and I will leave my “trails” from last winter on Mille Lacs

that is a heck of a deal since all trails lead to the formica flats

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Anyone know if the SD chip from a Lowrance can be read by a Garmin76 or is there garmin coding that is necessary??

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Anyone know if the SD chip from a Lowrance can be read by a Garmin76 or is there garmin coding that is necessary??

Lowrance card will not work in a Garmin and vise versa. You can still find Garmin Mapsource Lakemaster for sale on line. If at all possible get the CD version and you will be able to create two separate cards for for 2 separate units and also be able view the lakes on the computer along with creating waypoints and routs also integrable with google maps.

As sales of Garmin and Lowrance have been suspended through Lakemaster online Lakemaster website shows a list of retailers that still sell Garmin and Lowrance cards.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Is there any way to get the scratches of the H2O?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Buff ???

Yeah, Chomps…. they always seem to lead there …

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Maybe one of the headlight cleaning kits?

I also have an H20c with the car adapter, WI lakemaster, MN Lakemaster and Navionics North Pro Chip that I would sell if anyone is interested.

Switched over to the iphone with Navionics and so far it seems to work ok, not as good as the H2O but ok.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Quote:

My screen was terrible with scratches. I took some crest toothpaste and put a dab on a white sock and rubbed and rubbed until the scratches were gone. You have to add toothpaste and keep at it.

I did it while I watched TV in the evening for a couple nights and it looks like new.

Then I purchased a screen protector for it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.