Deadliest Catch…

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

So there is an arctic hurricane running across Alaska’s coast, when does the King Crab season start? I thought it was going by now, so is the fleet in the middle of it? If so I bet Sig smoked a carton tonight.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

lol lets hope them boys headed for st paul or one of the other few safe spots to wait the storm out! and are safe!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Season started on Oct 15th, though I’m not sure of the end date. Should be a very interesting season with all the drama going on. Apparently Sig signed a deal to use a picture of his boat on boxes of imported Russian Crab, the Alaskan King Crab quotas were cut in half this year, and all the illegal Russian crab being imported into the US has cut the price (wholesale). I saw the Cornelia Marie was drydocked and Josh & Jake are deck hands on other boats, and the crew has split up into working elsewhere.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

wow you just ruined the show for us now we know all the good stuff!!

J/K sounds like a interesting season.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Should be Snow crab season (appelio) sp… I believe.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Just down for a while.

“As the Deadliest Catch boats prepare for the October 15th King Crab opening, the Cornelia Marie sits in dry dock. The CM has been in dry dock at Ketchikan, Alaska for a few weeks and will likely be there for a couple more. We are simply performing maintenance and taking care of some issues. In fact, I just spoke with Dave Mahler, the naval architect and marine engineer who did the extension work on the CM in 1995. He spoke about how the CM is a good, seaworthy vessel. We talked about the unique design of the CM with its two tunnels along the side of the boat connecting the engine room with the forepeak. The FV Cornelia Marie was built specifically for the rough seas of Alaska and performs as well as any boat out there. Once it’s all painted and looking good, I will post some pictures.

So where is the CM crew? Capt. Tony Lara is working the Cornelia Marie while in dry dock. Tony will take the boat back to Kodiak for more work once the shipyard is finished with her. Capt. Tony has been a big help to the CM family, we couldn’t do this work without his guidance. Jake and Josh will be fishing the King Crab opening, just not on the CM. They are fishermen and like the rest of us, need to work to make money. They are both going to be deckhands on different boats for this year’s opening. Thanks to some good friends in the fleet, they both have jobs this season. I believe Ryan Simpson is now working on the FV Incentive. Dale Pruitt is currently fish Cod out of Kodiak. Troy “Chief” Huls will continue to work on the Columbia River.

The quota for King Crab this year was cut in half. We all knew the quota would be cut but didn’t think it would be this deep. Hopefully, the price is up and the fellas catch them quickly with no injuries. However, there is some good news… the snow crab harvest nearly doubled. The fleet usually starts fishing for Opilios mid January. The Cornelia Marie is a fishing boat and a damn good one… so we’ll be back stronger than ever! Thank you to everyone who supports us and sticks by us! We really appreciate it!”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.