Canline saugers?

• walleye16
    SE, MN

Anybody catching saugers or walleyes on the canline or are the saugers still in the lake. Thinking of heading up that way saturday.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If I remember right it was a VERY TOUGH bite last Saturday everywhere for the Saugerama, but with the cooler temps one can only hope they are ready to chew.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

you wont find out if you dont go check for yourself……… that being said i think you might just find a few more than last weekend willing to bite……. good luck!

walleye16
    SE, MN

I remember last Saturday was a very long day on the water. Thats why i am wondering if the saugers want to play yet.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’ve been told by better P-4 fishermen than me that the magic “Sauger” water temp for the triggering the fall run is 50 degrees in Lake Pepin… What is it currently?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

We caught some very nice Saugers on the canline on Friday. They were still there Saturday, but we just couldn’t get them to bite, except for one 17 incher. The wind was brutal so we couldn’t really slow down and live bait fish or drag jigs. I think it should be going better now, or will get better in the next few days.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

I’ve been told by better P-4 fishermen than me that the magic “Sauger” water temp for the triggering the fall run is 50 degrees in Lake Pepin… What is it currently?

Last Saturday it was 58 – 59 degrees.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

49* according to Rivergauges.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.