Ponder to Start on Sunday(vikes fans only please)

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Glad to see the kid getting his shot at the bigtime. Nothing like throwing him to the dogs but ya gotta do it sometime. It will be fun to watch him grow over the next few years. Good luck young man!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Run Forrest, run!!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Ya, he’d better be fast on the feet, definitely trial by fire, but I hope the kid learns a lot and doesn’t get hurt.

Al

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

The o-line is so putrid it will be hard to get a good reading on Ponder. But he can move a bit and shouldn’t be throwing so many line drives at the receivers feet anyway. He just fills one hole in a team that looks like a sieve.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

If we wait to start Ponder due to the o-line, he will not start this season.

I agree, run Forest run like h&ll.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I am a Vikes fan (sort of) and personally I hope they Suck for Luck! why go 3-13 and get the 4th pick? Might as well lose the rest and hope that Miami or the Colts win a few more!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s the vikings!! Even if we suck for luck and get the first choice, it would not surprise me if they screw that up and take someone else. I’ve been a fan since 69 and have seen it all. (almost)

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Since we are in an obvious rebuilding phase and we are in the suck for Luck sweepstakes!!

They need to TRADE AP… … seriously consider it anyway.

They don’t know how to use the best back in football !!!

Give him a shot at winning a Superbowl, ann then he won’t get killed here.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

That O-line been like that for two years plus!!! A-P is the best back in football and he should have been getting 100+ yards per game with Favre.

Mark

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

IS THERE ROOM LEFT ON THE BANDWAGON!!!!!!

I want to see if I can jump over it.

Don’t tell me “Vikes Fans Only” either, because this is exactly the kind of response you get from Minnesota fans.

bigroy
    Winona, MN

It all won’t matter if a stadium deal is not done by the end of november. the Vikes will be gone is what the nfl told our governor today. they will not deal with a continued stailmate on this issue. but i guess we could cheer for the Los Angeles Vikings and figure what they will do about a qb and o-line.

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Finally. Wendy has not been a happy camper of late. We’ll see on Sunday Wil

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

It all won’t matter if a stadium deal is not done by the end of november. the Vikes will be gone is what the nfl told our governor today. they will not deal with a continued stailmate on this issue. but i guess we could cheer for the Los Angeles Vikings and figure what they will do about a qb and o-line.

I just read that the NFL contacted the gov. I love that. Somebody needs to tell these guys that this is REAL and they can’t jack around with it anymore. It will get done.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

I just read that the NFL contacted the gov. I love that. Somebody needs to tell these guys that this is REAL and they can’t jack around with it anymore. It will get done.

The NFL should pay for their own stadium. No different than McDonalds building their own resturaunts. The NFL could write a check today and only put a slight dent in their pocket change….

-J.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Early in the year I was a fan of keeping Ponder on the bench to let him learn. But seeing what Dalton and Newton are doing with poor teams, I say let him play.

Dalton and Newton though each have a big play receiver (Smith and Green). Ponder is going to have a bit more trouble with this group of WR’s.

It would be a great way to start a career though with an upset of the green and gold!!

ET

Brian Hoffies

Ponder has thrown to big time speed receivers while in college. There is a better chance he will over throw Harvin then throwing balls at his toes.

Reid saw McNabb was done.
    Shannahan saw McNabb was done.
    Frazier saw McNabb was done.

Time for him to grab his check and ride into the sunset. Maybe he will take Barrien with him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Ponder is going to have a bit more trouble with this group of WR’s.”

I think he’ll have a bigger problem with our offensive line.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The NFL should pay for their own stadium. No different than McDonalds building their own resturaunts. The NFL could write a check today and only put a slight dent in their pocket change….

-J.

Unfortunately it is a lot different, although I don’t agree with what has happened with sports teams.

Its different because McDonald’s are everywhere and don’t become inter meshed with the identity of the community. And cities and states aren’t clambering to get McDonald’s franchises to boost the cities image and persona.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Its different because McDonald’s are everywhere and don’t become inter meshed with the identity of the community. And cities and states aren’t clambering to get McDonald’s franchises to boost the cities image and persona.

I disagree. No difference at all. The NFL Corporation is awash in cash. There is no need for that company to come to taxpayers for a handout!

-J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

-J.

Amen. Seems like the whole world is up in arms over bailouts, crony capitalism and redistribution of wealth yet when it comes to football… “yes please, we’ll take a double serving of all 3 and like it?!”

Makes no sense at all. None.

There’s one way to pay for this that is 100% fair, equitable and logical. Ticket prices. Raise ’em up. The people that want to support this project can and will. Those that don’t, won’t.

Right now our state can’t pay for roads, bridges, teachers, parks and other things that we actually need. Throwing hundreds of MILLIONS into Ziggy’s bank account when so many are fighting tooth and nail to stay afloat is not only insulting… it is completely illogical. And that’s why, overwhelmingly, the tax payers are saying HECK NO.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Here’s how to actually “inter-mesh” the Vikings with the community… If state money goes to this project then the state should own a percentage of the VIKINGS equal to the total percentage invested in the project.

Of course the Vikings / Ziggy would never go for this because how are you supposed to hold a community hostage down the road with the threat of another relocation if the community owns part of the team. Sound unlikely? We went through this same deal with the Metrodome.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What I would like to see is “real numbers” stating whether or not is is financially beneficial for the State to have a stadium or not. You hear all sorts of things thrown around, but real numbers is what I need to decide.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I thought this was about Ponder starting,

I think they should trade Adrian to Oakland.

I guess that wasn’t about Ponder starting either

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

Amen. Seems like the whole world is up in arms over bailouts, crony capitalism and redistribution of wealth yet when it comes to football… “yes please, we’ll take a double serving of all 3 and like it?!”

Makes no sense at all. None.

There’s one way to pay for this that is 100% fair, equitable and logical. Ticket prices. Raise ’em up. The people that want to support this project can and will. Those that don’t, won’t.

Right now our state can’t pay for roads, bridges, teachers, parks and other things that we actually need. Throwing hundreds of MILLIONS into Ziggy’s bank account when so many are fighting tooth and nail to stay afloat is not only insulting… it is completely illogical. And that’s why, overwhelmingly, the tax payers are saying HECK NO.

Yup…pretty much says it all…..

Al

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I disagree. No difference at all. The NFL Corporation is awash in cash. There is no need for that company to come to taxpayers for a handout!

-J.

Well LA said that they would pay for the Golden Arches and the parking lot re-pavement, so I guess they’ll go sell their Big Macs there instead then.

I actually kind of want them to leave. I think Minnesota would be kind of an odd state without the Vikings or a pro football franchise. We can then enjoy the NFL like Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota. That’s good company to be in.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I think we should dump AP too. Love the guy but we could get a ton of picks for him and clearly we’re rebuilding very soon.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I think we should dump AP too. Love the guy but we could get a ton of picks for him and clearly we’re rebuilding very soon.

Get rid of Jarod Allen also. Right now you can get some great picks for him. Defensive ends do not have the longest life spans in the NFL so you need to trade him while he has value.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

No easy fixes here Viking fan. Ponder this with a porous line and 3rd rate receivers and now a rookie QB defenses are going to have a field day with this team. I’d sell the season tickets and not get them again for 2 or 3 years.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I wish the best for Ponder I think he will be exciting to watch. I think he will do ok against the pack as the play calling will be conservative and predictable. Not saying the outcome of the game for the vikes will be good but Ponder will not come out looking like a skunk though the coaching staff may.

As for the stadium I sure do not support paying for it. Though the state of Minnesota is going through an identity crisis with start of the North Stars leaving and now more big corporations are leaving like U.S. Banks and T.C.F. and now more likely the Vikes. Do we let these corporations leave with out a fight? That is a lot of money leaving the state. 2 sides to a subject and this subject there is no win win which ever way it goes.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

I wish the best for Ponder I think he will be exciting to watch. I think he will do ok against the pack as the play calling will be conservative and predictable. Not saying the outcome of the game for the vikes will be good but Ponder will not come out looking like a skunk though the coaching staff may.

As for the stadium I sure do not support paying for it. Though the state of Minnesota is going through an identity crisis with start of the North Stars leaving and now more big corporations are leaving like U.S. Banks and T.C.F. and now more likely the Vikes. Do we let these corporations leave with out a fight? That is a lot of money leaving the state. 2 sides to a subject and this subject there is no win win which ever way it goes.

U.S. Bank is moving only because South Dakota allows them to charge higher fee’s then Minnesota does.

Most of us here had or have kids. That’s why we want pro sports. To take our son’s or daughters to a game. As adults most of us can afford a trip to Chicago or Milwaukee to see a sporting event if we really want to. Before rolling over and playing dead for Ziggy take a look around. Will you be willing to pay $100 per ticket to take your kid to a game? On top of that………..will you be willing to pay $25 to $75 to park in Arden Hills? Will you be willing to pay $7 for a soda for your kid? Will you be willing to pay $8.50 for a hot dog for that kid? Will you buy a $10 program for that kid? What are you willing to pay for a jersey for that kid? Are you sure you wanna go to that game? How many games are you going to? The NFL is for corporations and the 30 somethings with cash to burn. They don’t care about Joe Blow average American one bit.

For me it comes down to these facts…………..

1) Ziggy stated within 3 days of over paying for the Vikings. ” I will build a new stadium without taxpayers help.” Look it up, he said it.

2) The NFL earns $9 BILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR!

3) He expects $300 million county input. $350 million for the state. That’s $650 MILLION of PUBLIC assistance. The NFL willingly will kick in $150 million, however that all goes towards Ziggy’s contribution. That’s $800 million leaving roughly $200 from the Wilf’s. Hell of a deal huh?

How come if stadiums are such a great deal every owner in every sport isn’t building a new one?

Buy the NFL ticket, subscribe to the L.A. Times, the Vikings will do just fine without us.

Offer Ziggy the deed for the dome in exchange for a 30 year commitment. Let him figure out how to make money like ever other business person in the world.

The other option I guess is give them the dog track in Hudson for their team.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.