What’s the skinny on Nanofil?

• riverking
    se iowa

Has anyone tried this out yet? what is the consensus? am going to re-spool some spinning reels in the next week or so and was interested in this product. let me know what ya’ll think. thanks!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I had one friend said they liked it and the other hated it.

For me it seems to be very stiff with a high memory. But that it just from looking at it on the spool. If I remember correctly it is pretty expensive too.

For me, ill be sticking with power pro. I am a walleye guy but this may have different applications, I don’t know.
    –Mark

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

I baught a spool last week to try on my spinning reel. I have no complaints and picked up another spool yesterday. The line is awsome for casting jigs,( you can cast a mile) trolling cranks, and casting twich, jerk and fluke baits. The color of the line I thought would be a problem but it does disapear well under water. The only thing I would say is if you buy 8lbs test size up to 10 or 12 lbs because this stuff is THIN!!!

jimchavez1941

My freind i fished with last week used6 pound for casting for smallys up north. The line worked,i plan on useing it for casting cranks.Jury is still out on jiging and riging.This line is so thin,you need to use a palomar knot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.