Kabetogama Help Please

• Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

The family and I are finally taking off for Kab this Saturday morning for a week at Pine Aire Resort. First time at this lake.

If any of you could offer some advice for fishing walleyes, sauger, crappies, or norhern I sure would appreciate it! Any smaller lakes nearby if the big lake is to rough?

Thanks.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I was up there a month ago . We had good success fishing the reefs in the basin right out in front of your resort. We rigged leeches in 26 to 33 ft of water. If you are looking for northerns try the east side of Moxie island and between Moxie and Sphunge is a good producer. If the weather is bad you can usally putt over to Peterson bay it is just west of your resort it will generally produce some fish. Just a word of warning for a newbie to this lake get a good map or chip. There are rocks all over that will tear your boat up. If your not sure where you are going take it SLOW. You can be in 30ft of water and ten ft away it might only be 2 ft deep. I hope this helps and have a good trip.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

The family and I are finally taking off for Kab this Saturday morning for a week at Pine Aire Resort. First time at this lake.

If any of you could offer some advice for fishing walleyes, sauger, crappies, or norhern I sure would appreciate it! Any smaller lakes nearby if the big lake is to rough?

Thanks.

Head over to Ash Lake (15 miles South on Hwy 53) and fish Pike. Pretty numerous, fair size, nice little lake to spend a day on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.