where to eat in down town Minneapolis

• theduck

I am in town for a few days for a conference. Where are some places to eat supper in the evenings? I am open to anything. Was thinking of hells kitchen for tomorrow then need a place for friday evening.

If your are into Sushi or anything like that, Seven Steakhouse is a pretty cool place.

Check out the rooftop patio during happy hour for good prices on drinks and apps as well as a pretty nice scenery.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

capitol grill if you are on company dime.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

capitol grill if you are on company dime.

Oceanaire if you’re after a seafood fix. And on the company dime.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

I recently went to a place called fogo de chao, its a brazilian steakhouse that is all you can eat steak, chicken and lamb. the waiters come around with scewers of meat for you to try. probably the best steak i have ever had!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I recently went to a place called fogo de chao, its a brazilian steakhouse that is all you can eat steak, chicken and lamb. the waiters come around with scewers of meat for you to try. probably the best steak i have ever had!

I will second that. We just ate there on the 4th. Very attentive wait staff. If you are paying, I would suggest going at lunch. I think it is about $20.00 less than dinner.

FDR

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Tough to go wrong with Murray’s too. Especially if it is not your dime.

FDR

jbb
    Minneapolis area

Just accross the river there’s Kramarczks Deli……Cabbage rolls, kraut, sausages

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

I always found myself looking for scenery and on my own dime
    So Friday evening I would say Brits pub, or the local if you want some scenery

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hautedish is a newer restaurant in the warehouse district in the old Cafe Havana spot. They do ‘deconstructed Midwest cuisine’. Really good microbrews on tap too!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

You already mentioned Hells Kitchen… but have to +1 it. They have THE BEST Buffalo burger I have ever had in my life!!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Fogo de Chao if you are really hungry. Manny’s and Oceinaire are really good too. I ate at Key’s for breakfast a couple weeks ago and the omlette was really good.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Fogo de Chao gets my vote hands down… it’s right by the Marriot !!!

Love Steak !!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have reservations at Fogo for Sunday, cant wait.

BTW, for a week they have dinner on special for $30/person. It is getting full, so get in now!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

BTW, for a week they have dinner on special for $30/person. It is getting full, so get in now!

They should call that place “Death by Meat.”

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Meat is murder. Delicious murder.

*stolen from The Nook and Shamrock t-shirts

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

They should call that place “Death by Meat.”

They do have a salad bar. Don’t ask me what is on it though I seemed to has missed it last time.

FDR

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

For dinner it is tough to beat the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. I’ve been to all of the places mentioned and they are very good but for steak I’ll take Ruth Chris.

For lunch I suggest Murray’s. Get a steak sandwich. Not a Twins one, but the classic. This my all time favorite lunch in downtown Minneapolis.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Appetizers at Deja Vu, main course at Target Field.

fishhead
    Chaska

Quote:

Just accross the river there’s Kramarczks Deli……Cabbage rolls, kraut, sausages

I’ll second this suggestion especially if your into eastern european cuisine.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.