Cass Lake

• fishin
    Blaine, MN

I am heading up to Cass Lake on Sunday for a few days. I have never fished that lake…anyone have any information or reports on how they are biting there or what techniques work best?

Thanks for your help and information.

WAT
    AUSTIN MN Cass Lake

jigs and lindy rigs 15-25 ft. on points with leechs. slow bite fish into dark.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Also try nightcrawlers and spinners. The walleyes love redtails as well. I have not heard about the bite, but I would assume there is fish to be caught. My advice would be to fish the windy side of the lake and look for points and sharp breaks with new cabbage. Dont be afraid to pull cranks up in the shallow weed beds. Shad raps and Salmo Hornets work great. Also check the main lake humps out, there tends to be big schools of eyes congregated on some of these sunken islands. If you motor around using a lakemaster chip you will find fish. Good luck, it is truely a fun lake to fish.

fishin
    Blaine, MN

Thanks for the info fellas. I am looking forward to fishing it with my kids.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Also try nightcrawlers and spinners. The walleyes love redtails as well. I have not heard about the bite, but I would assume there is fish to be caught. My advice would be to fish the windy side of the lake and look for points and sharp breaks with new cabbage. Dont be afraid to pull cranks up in the shallow weed beds. Shad raps and Salmo Hornets work great. Also check the main lake humps out, there tends to be big schools of eyes congregated on some of these sunken islands. If you motor around using a lakemaster chip you will find fish. Good luck, it is truely a fun lake to fish.

Amen to the crank bite. Just before dark and well into the night, any long sand spit we did well with shallow shad raps 4-8FOW when it’s on. Bigger fish rather than numbers.

During the day, we always did well up there rigging slightly deeper than the perch for eater fish. I know guys rig big chubs out there for better fish, esp. in the weeds, but I never did much of that whenever I fished it.

Joel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.