Flecher is at it again!

• 140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Havlat for Heatly, what are your thoughts. Me, I am not so certain about this one. Both are often injured but Heatly does put the puck in the net.j

mud

Just don’t get in the car with him…

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

It didn’t appear Havlat wanted to be here. Maybe Heatley will and work hard and scoe which the Wild need desparately.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Quote:

It didn’t appear Havlat wanted to be here. Maybe Heatley will and work hard and scoe which the Wild need desparately.

Im a little mixed on this one too. Havlet really stepped it up last year and has been mostly injury free for 3 years now. It didnt sound like he was really happy about being with the Wild lately but Im not sure that Heatley will be either. When things weren’t going great in Ottawa he made it clear that he wanted to play for a better team. Going from the high powered Sharks to the Wild probably wasnt on his to-do list
    I hope he can become an offensive leader and prove he is worth his $7.5 mil/year.

I’m lovin this trade personally!

I can’t stand the pass first mentality that the Wild has been guilty of the past few years. Wild was 30th in the league last year for shots on goal, and 26th in the league for overall goals for. Coincidence???

Simply put, we need guys that can put some pucks on net, and we got just that with the 3 pickups we’ve acquired so far in Heatley, Settiguchi, and Powe.

Heatley is a sniper and he should do just fine in our system. I think if you put him and settiguchi on the wings and youre gonna have one deadly first line with a setup guy like Koivu at center.

If Yeo can keep Heatly’s attitude in check, this will turn into a great trade. Worse case scenario, if it doesn’t work out, his value to a contender is much higher than Havlat’s, and we can certainly trade him to a contender and keep stocking the cupboards with prospects.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Yea I guess I just don’t want to get my hopes up. The pass first mentality has to change and I think Havlat was the ring leader with that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Even trade. Heatley a slightly better sniper than Havlat. Works for both teams, yet both teams are just slightly better because of it.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

That is a low uncalled for shot at the kid. He made a mistake and a close friend lost his life.

Lets think before pounding the keyboards.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

That is a low uncalled for shot at the kid. He made a mistake and a close friend lost his life.

Lets think before pounding the keyboards.

Phew! I had to scroll up and make sure I wasn’t drunk posting. Thankfully I have nothing to apologize for.

If Heatley at least gets back to high 30, low 40 goal season, we for the first time should have legitimate 1st and 2nd lines. Koivu gets to play with a legit sniper or 2, depending if Setoguchi or Butch plays the other wing. I suppose it will depend also if Koivu gets over the loss of Miettinen.

All of a sudden in the Wild 11-12 season looks exciting in the midst of all the rebuilding talk.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I like the diretion this team is going.

for Mr. Fletcher

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

They were staring at 1000’s of empty seats at the X and I think ownership knew it.

It wouldn’t have been much of a stretch to compare the Wild to the Wolves prior to the trade. Talent wise and attendance wise they were headed to the same place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.