LAKE PEPIN

• SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

my son and i will be heading to lake pepin sunday morning, have never fished pepin (son wanted to try some place new) anyway we will be launching at the ramp just north of Hok-Si-La. anything happening aroud there?
    any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SLACK

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

if your using the launch by the sail boat harbor…right in fronnt of the launch either north or south should be holding some fish sometime soon. look for some points or good looking steep breaks or good flats. we found fish at the mouth of pepin in about 14ft. of water with lindy rigs and worms was the ticket. but i would also try trolling cranks to ‘search’ for the fish a bit. good luck and be sure to post back.

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

Try in front of Hansen’s Harbor. Drift the clam beds we did very well there last weekend using nite crawlers and leeches. Then I would head over to Madden Rock. Good Luck

Chad

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

Fished that area last Saturday with decent bite. We long lined #5 shad raps in 5-9fow and ran lead in 10-20fow. The fish were scattered but with fow coming down and temps holding should be good this weekend! Good luck

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

OK i’m back, had some computer issues this week (thanks BK) anyway did make it down to pepin sunday. not a lot to report but a good learning experiance. started out trolling the stretch from landing to hansons harbor. caught some small fish. did some trolling on the wis. side again small fish. did work sand point over pretty good with live bait and caught lot of fish but mostly small. ended up cutting the day short because of the passing thunder storms (and hail) so not much to report but nice to fish some new water and am looking forward getting back down that way.

thanks to all for pointing us in the right direction

SLACK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.