What questions to ask???

• Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I’m going to go look at a new 2009 skeeter zx 200 with a 2010 mercury 200 pro xs. Hoping you guys can help me out here. I am looking at this at a dealer and was wondering if you guys could help me out with a list questions i need to be asking on saturday. Any help would be great.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I would get a spec sheet and read up on all the standard features. Then I would want to walk through any/all added options.

Is it already rigged for electronics?

If so, what brand/type?? Is that what you want? How was the transducers installed?

Travel cover or Mooring cover?

Any warranty…Dealer warranty? Remaining manufacture warranty? Is there a cost if your not the first owner?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I might have a little different take…might not work out, but something to consider.

Go to the Ride and Drive on Sunday on P4. (I didn’t read the post yet for details)

Tell James where and how you want to use your boat mostly…like bass, walleyes…um..catfish and let a guy that’s been fishing productively and knows what works and what doesn’t work that’s on the market give you some tips. Not only for rigging but for looking at boats in general.

What the ‘ell, while your at it, you might as well go for a drive in the new Skeeters!

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

As previously posted warranty and rigging is critical. The Pro Xs has a warranty but does it start when registered or 2010. Same with the boat. Great deal or not, does it fit the bill for what you want it to do.. Is the dealer local for you to deal with any potential problems or is it a drive for a left over overstock (deal or not) that you have no service after the sale. Water tested? Proper pitch stainless prop? Decent Prop or some aluminum that they just stuck on. Any trolling, now is the time to get that bow mount thrown in. New 2009 boat that they have been sitting on they will deal. Don’t be afraid to pitch an offer or get more thrown in. They want to get a 2 year old boat off their lot, new or not. WATER TEST. If they won’t let you run it, PASS. Check every switch and gauge. Best of luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.