Ram Mount length

• rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I bought a HDS7, and am going to mount it on my console. I think I am going to buy a Ram D-111U-C. They look pretty short in the picture, Does anyone know how long they are, and can I mount it vertically on the side of my console? Thank you in advance, Ron

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

RAM-D-111U-C

Arm is 3.68″ long.

I think the 2.25″ ball is overkill for a 7.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Really, that’s good news. Local folks are saying the smaller balls will shake loose. Even though I am a fair weather fisherman ( health issues )What would you suggest?

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

I have a HDS8 and have the larger ball with the 6″ arm on the console and another smaller Ram with a Lowrance on the bow. Can’t keep either of them from slipping. Have even tried to rough up the balls a bit to make them stick. Maybe the shorter arm will solve the problem for you. I don’t have the clearance for the shorter arm I’m not a fairweather only angler, usually have wind and waves to deal with – Lund 1850 Tyee with 200 Yamaha 4stroke – So I’m usuallyjammin a boat seat up my #@% one wave at a time.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Ron

I can’t give you any advice, but I can tell you listening to Mr Dorn is a good idea.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I think I need a longer arm as well, where I want to mount it.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

The 1.5″ ball should be fine. Espicially if you are a “fair WX” amgler. I belive RAM makes 1″, 1.5″ and 2.25″.

If for some odd reason the 1.5″ does not hold you can probly use a double 1.5″ setup, stacking them side by side and might be cheaper than the 2.25″.

But form your needs decsription you should be fine with a single. -Mark

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I had the RAM-111U on my HDS 7 and it would move around in rough water but not too bad. I dont think even the bigger ball would hold it in some of the stuff I fish in haha. For the money I think you would be good with the RAM-111U, plus not going out in much rough weather you will never have an issue.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I went with the 1 1/2″ I think it will work fine, if not I’ll do something else. Thank you all so much for your help as always a wealth of knowledge on here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.