Koronis

• Anonymous

I’m having the ice fishing blues as I’ve been chasing the Walleye through the ice with poor results. Last Saturday I was on Lake Koronis with four fish hungry friends looking for Walleye. We fish a spot where another friend saw many nice Walleye on his camera the weekend before. Using three portable ice shacks, we setup on a fairly sharp break line that ranged from 28 to 35 feet with on shack at 27, one at 30, and one a 35 feet. We certainly had the break line covered! Now that we had the break line covered the only task was to select the correct lure. That was not as easy as we hoped. We rigged our lines with Nells Masters, Jigging Raps, glow jigs, rattling spoons, and anything else we could pull out of our box. We were ready! After fishing the afternoon and evening we ended up with three 6” walleyes, not worthy of a picture, with many missed bites that I’m sure came from fish the same size. I’m ready for this high pressure system to be replaced by a low pressure system that might bring some snow and would definitely turn the fishing on.
    Any other reports from Koronis? LOL

Anonymous

Ron,
    Sorry, but I’m not much help at this time of the year. I have been fishing Koronis for over a dozen years and it can be a great walleye and smallie fishery. Fantastic lake to cast and troll plugs!! Especially when the wind is blowing.

Thanks for the report. Jon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.