Lake Arbutus Question

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Anyone ever fish this? Looking for any help on this lake. Launches, spots to fish, places to look out for, whats biting, baits….

Thanks a bunch for any help

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ve fished it a few times, it’s a pretty nice little lake. I’ve always put out of the East County Park and fished for Walleyes. Never tried for Muskies.

For eyes, you should be able to get a decent trolling bite going, or fish the weedlines with jigs or slip bobbers. Lots of crappies in that system also.

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

Fantastic crappie lake Winter and Spring. I was a little concerned that the numbers would go down with heavy fishing pressure during dam repairs over the past 3-4 years, and fish congregated in the only holes left. The body of water seemed to be big enough to sustain however as we caught good numbers and good size this past Spring. The panfish limit is ten, atleast it was, so that seemed to help. I used to live closer to the area, so I chased walleyes a lot more, but haven’t lately. Used to have good luck drifting along rocky points with jigs and live bait. Good luck!

Had to jump back on and edit a little. Don’t forget to stop into the bait shop just north of Hatfield by the little red tavern. They always have good info. for paying customers. Also, if you head up the East Fork, take it slow. Lots of floating timber and submerged rocks.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

thanks for the help guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.