Great Bite!!!!!!!

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I was on Winnie from Wed mid day through Sun morning.
    The 6 of us sifted through the peewees and the 17″+ fish to bring home a limit of 15-17 inchers. We concentrated mostly on the north shore jigging 1/4 and 1/8 oz jigs of various colors. It was streaky with one color being hot for a while then another, it seemed like anything with green was good. We concentrated on depths from 9-14ft and had consistent success throughout the day until dark.
    I ended the weekend having brought 228 to my boat alone, no estimates here…I have a clicker counter to keep track.
    The other boat was probably closer to 100 because they only fished Fri and Sat.
    We ventured to Highbanks for a short while on Thursday but other than that we stayed on the northshore and a little bit in CutFoot.
    I will be up again this coming weekend starting Thursday(weather permitting), I’m on Channel 19 and go by John-Boy…give me a hollar.
    Good Luck
    John

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Yep another happy angler on lake winnie. Yesterday was the best day so far and I have been on Winnie everyday since opener, the cold front kicked the fish into high gear, this weekend is going to be scary. The main depth was 4-7 feet but we found fish out into 10 feet yet. The shiners are spawning and those eyes are right in there with them. Jig color seems to be bright, as long as it is bright they will bite…hehe boy I must need some sleep….fish hard and often

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I’m always happy when I am on Winnie catching fish or not.
    I was watching for you Sean, I was going to swing by and say hi but I didn’t see you out there. Are you still running the black Pro-V? I saw you a bunch last year but not at all this year.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Wow, I have a day to regroup today and then start back at it again tomorrow. Yep on the black ProV and I removed all but a couple of the sponsor logo’s this year, but I still have fishthelake on it. I have pretty much stayed away from the crowds as that combat fishing is like nothing I have ever seen this year, in fact two different times I have seen boats run into each other and its only a couple weeks into the season. Well if you see me feel free to stop and say Hi and introduce yourself. What type of rig are you running? The bite continues to get better…the next two weeks are going to be awesome.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I have stayed away from the crowds to a certain extent myself or at least out on the edges of the big groups.
    I am running a Ranger 620, goldish with blue stripes and Yamaha power.
    I should be on the water tomorrow probably late morning through the end of the day. I’ll keep an eye out for you.
    Good luck!
    John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.