Perch Bite

• Anonymous

The perch bite on Winnie has for the most part slowed down to a tough bite. It seems the fish have pulled off of the mid lake structure and are making there move to the pre-spawn areas. With the fish being in transition, I would expect for the mid March bite to be great as Winnie is holding a ton of magnum perch. If your headed up anytime soon, start looking for the shallower shoreline bite to be heating up.
    There are still perch on the mid-lake humps, but it seems that most of these perch are the smaller 6-8 inchers.

flipenrip
    Austin, Mn.

Sean, thanks for the update. There are some of us so. Mn. guy`s that still have the itch to scratch. I`m working on a trip next weekend. Sounds like the fish might still be in transition? How shallow do they get before ice out? Do they stage on deep shoreline breaks before moving way in? Flip

Anonymous

Flip,
    Pending on the weather change from butt cold to warm, these fish should and normally stage in the deeper shoreline breaks, but if we get a quick warm up they at times throughout the day move up in the 10-18 feet of water looking for feed. I would expect the bite to remain somewhat deep over the next week or two, then look for the shallower water to heat up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.