Resorts on Winni.

• has
    Hudson, WI

Still looking for a place to take the family (Wife, Plus a 16 month old) over the 4th of July. I have never fished Winni before. What are some good resorts to check out. Four Seasons looks nice, but I see they only have condos.

Any thoughts on if the fishing will still be good in a couple weeks? I know there Perch in Winni, but any chance I can fins some slabs or sunnies this late in the year?

All suggestions welcome. I’m not even set on Winni, just want to find a weekend cabin someplace new.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Walleye fishing on Winnie in July is great. Most you panfish will be found in Cut Foot. Resorts there are Williams Narrows and Eagles Nest(WN would be my choice for Cut Foot). Another area for panfish will be down in the bays by the Dam. Tamarack Lodge is a nice place to stay. If there is a big blow you can go down to little winnie which only a mile down the road. Good crappie, walleye and northern fishing to be had there.

If you stay in Cut Foot, Bowstring Lake is right up the road and the eye bite has been insane all year. Also has good crappie fishing.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Theres a little lake called Portage lake right down the road from Winnie, 2 great resorts, Iowana Beach Resort and I cant remember the other one. IF James Holst reads this he will know the name of it..

We stay here everytime we go to Winnie, if its too windy for Winnie or Leech, there is great fishing on Portage, very cool little Lake. Very family friendly

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

The condos at four seasons are Very nice. They do have cabins also. Whether available or not I’m not sure. The nice thing is covered docks and you are in the river so the boats protected and has some decent crappie fishing too.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Sportsman Lodge…. Inground pool, rustic but nice cabins & very reasonable, great fish house, Beautiful lodge built in the 20’s or 30’s! Was actually built for loggers very cool! sells ice cream, pizza’s, soda, & Beer! Also has full time dock hand, great bait! As you will find out winnie is very rough in lite wind (wide & shallow)! Some of the best panfishing on the lake is right in front of the sportsman’s locals call is 3 Sisters!! PM if you want more info!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

HIGHBANKS!!!!!!!!!! first rate customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boehnke50

High Banks Resort had one cabin open as of June 25th. 800-365-2560 give them a call.. ask for Kim… great place to go… I will be there that week also…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Theres a little lake called Portage lake right down the road from Winnie, 2 great resorts, Iowana Beach Resort and I cant remember the other one. IF James Holst reads this he will know the name of it..

Sunset Beach Resort http://www.fishsunset.com/

I stayed there every summer as a kid. Love that lake.. good walleye, crappie and bass fishing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.