A great day at Winnie

• propmann
    Brainerd MN

Spent 10 hrs out on winnie today trying to get those monster perch. I probaly got 200 perch, most to small. Brought home 15 most 9 to 10″ and handfull of 11″ to 12″. Sure was fun.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

How’s the ice conditions? Thanks in advance for any info you might have for me.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ice condtions are really good up there………a good 24 inches my estimate. highbanks did say that travel was a bit tricky now with the new snow and wind.

i was on a lake not far from there 2 weeks ago!

propmann
    Brainerd MN

Quote:

How’s the ice conditions? Thanks in advance for any info you might have for me.

In most places we where still able to drive off of the plowed roads. Theres at least 2ft of ice if they get anymore ice or snow you’ll need a extension for the auger.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks guys. I’m hoping the ice in that area holds for a week or so. I’d like one more crack at Winnie before pulling the plug for the season. If anyone has an updated report after the weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

kim from highbanks has posted that only ATV’S allowed out from there access effective 3/12/2012! and heard from a reliable source that the south end wasnt allowing vehicles out either. was either denny’s or nodaks…..not sure. thats the scoopi got yesterday!

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

I got back on 3-14. I used my wheeler, but most guys were still driving trucks. When I got off the lake about 11 on the 14th, it was getting very sloppy and some guys probably wished they hadn’t by lat in the day. Fishing was very good on Winnie, Cutfoot and Round. Winnie 10-12 ft. in Tamarack Bay. Lots of sorting with decent keepers mixed in. Cutfoot 24 ft. with bigger keepers but less fish. Round 10-12 ft. decent keeprs with an occasional slob. Lots of fish. Better get up there soon as it won’t last long.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.