North Shore Adventure

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Here are a few pictures from our trip up the North Shore. The fishing wasn’t very good. We hit four different rivers. There were Pink Salmon in the Temperance, Cross, and Baptism rivers but I couldn’t get them to take anything I threw at them. We did find a couple of small Steelhead in the Gooseberry so we didn’t get totally

shut out for the weekend. The Steelies fell for a bead head soft hackle nymph crawled slowly across the bottom. You’d feel a solid hit, and then they’d come straight up out of the water two feet in the air. And then run all over the pool for a while! I saw a few other splashy rises but no obvious hatch going on. It was interesting fishing even if it wasn’t very fast.

I’m doing a poor imitation of River Eyes here by including a few scenery shots. It’s almost impossible to look in any direction and not see something beautiful. It is a remarkable place with amazing geology. I particularly enjoyed the walk into the High Falls on the Baptism river.

Saw very few other fishermen, a few boats out on the lake, and lots of people looking at leaves.

Also stopped in at the Great Lakes Fly Shop on Superior street in Duluth and said hello to the owner John. If you have any interest in fly fishing or fishing in the Duluth area, this is the place to start. John has a great shop set up and made us feel very welcome. Check out: web page

Rootski

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.