Two Harbors

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I did the breakwater thing for a few days over the Mothers Day weekend. For the most part it was pretty windy with not many souls on the lake in the Two harbors area in boats. Saturday there were a few and Friday had some in the morning. Reports from the boats were meager at best.
    Some trout were going to boats off the Stewart river wile jigging the deep water.

I had a mixed bag over three days of casting. Friday I had two break-offs from some super solid fish that hit real deep, so I assume those to have been trout. Saturday I caught a dink coho and an even dinkier laker trout. Sunday morning would have been like fishing in a hurricane while the afternoon was about perfect. I ended up with three nice fish, all lakers that ran to around 10 pounds each. A laker limit doesn’t come often from the wall, but this one was certainly dandy for me.

I had the chance to talk with a lot of disgruntled anglers heading home on Sunday afternoon. Reports of cold, wet and no fish were more common than not. I saw a lot of long faces.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.