Chequemagon bay 1-11-08

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Well It was a long day and had fun. After that being said the fishing was slow….real slow but sometimes that is the way it is and you have to deal with that. We planned this trip a while ago and we all know that the weather screws it up for us sometimes. We Hired a guide Craig from Outdoor Allure just south of Washburn WI. We pounded the ice hard and it did pay off for us. I caught my first burbot, my buddy caught his first lake whitefish and my father caught his first coho….and that is his first salmon. My buddy and I each have a photo album of most of the native fish of North America and plan on catching every species in the book that he put together. Both of us added to our lists on this trip and that was great for us. We all had a great time and plan to get up there again this year…when it sounds like the bite is on. It only took us 3.5 hours to get there and fished from sun up to sundown with the most action in the morn and eve. Craig was good company and a good guide for us this was only the second guided trip I have ever been on and the only one I would recomend to others. Outdoor Allure website
    Talking with the Craig and the other guy in the baitshop I would think that this is the place to go for your info, bait and tackle you need up there. If you prefer to catch walleye, whitefish, smelt or anything in between the seem to have the knowlege to share. Also they have a place to stay right next to the baitshop that we plan on using next time we go up there. Reasonable price and friendly smiles were there and we WILL be back up there and most likely with more friends next time.

Aaron Bye

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.