Updated Ice Conditions anyone?

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

I am going out tomorrow probably on either shields or fox. I will post my results and let you boys know what is going on. I have heard by word of mouth that French just completely frooze over about three days ago…..so make sure that you check out the ice before you start heading out to the deeper water at French!

tgif

I haven’t been on the ice since Friday 12/12, but on thurs. I was on Cannon checking ice and found a lot of open water. I spun my auger 3 times and it was thru. 2-3 inches of frozen slush and 2 inches of clear ice. I have not seen more than 3-4 inches of ice in areas worth fishing. I don’t count the frozen slush on top of the previous clear ice as it’s questionable on how that will hold up to the wind and direct sunlight/rain. I have had people buzzing by me in ATV’s and there have been people driving trucks on the ice….not just to park either. I guess if they want to get a feel for a bobber going down that’s one way to do it. I would not go out aimlessly on new ice without checking depths….don’t trust that those going out ahead of you did. Crappies and Bluegills have bit well around Shieldsville. Caught 100 on Friday in 3 hrs, with lot’s of sorting. TGIF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.