French Lake access

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Has anyone tried to fish french? can you get a 17′ boat in the public access?

bassguy
    MANKATO

SNAGGER,
    I HAVE A 16 FOOT BOAT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LAUNCHING AT FRENCH. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE THIS YEAR, AND I KNOW WATER LEVELS ARE VERY LOW ON OTHER AREA LAKES. MY BEST BET IS THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO.

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Snagger,
    Well I haven’t been to French in approximately three weeks and the water was low then but I got my 17ft Lund in there with no problems….I couldn’t drive my boat up on the trailer though because the water was so low. The water was low but getting the boat off the trailer was no problem. Solution bring a pair of waders if necessary but getting out onto the water shouldn’t be a problem.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Went to French yesterday morning for some Musky trolling. It was slow. We started out casting topwater and some jerks in the morning, with no action. The lake appears to be turning over. The wind was blowing fairly good towards the access. The water temp was 48. Once we got out into the main portion of the lake, then the temp was 55. The lake is very green and murky. We spotted some good arches off of the T-bar reef in 30 feet of water, but no takers on the cranks we were trolling.

The water is very low. We launched a Mr. Pike, 17foot. If we wouldn’t of had a roller trailer, we wouldn’t of been able to put in. It was a bear getting in and out.

Talked to a few other guys on the water. It appeared that nobody was having any luck.

Gary

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Gary, I was on French Sunday. I remember seeing you. I have a 17′ Mr pike Blue with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke. we had no luck either. The landing was very hard to load a boat. I had waders on I helped a couple guys load their boats then I had to go watch the Vikings.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Snagger!
    It was a pleasure meeting you!
    I don’t think I will be getting back down there anytime soon. Keep me posted if you have any luck. I’m heading up to Mille Lacs and LOTW next week to chase walleyes and muskies.

Gary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.