Muskie fishing

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

I was out on French last night. The public access is very shallow so be careful ! we casted for 3 hours had one nice follow up to the boat and around a figure 8 and then she swam away, nice muskie. The water temp was 80.5 deg water is clearer than normal. Seen about 6 boats out there fishing.

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Went out on Thursday and Friday of last week. Thursday used some suckers on bobbers just for fun and no luck. Friday I went back to my trolling pattern that has worked so well for me this summer and my buddy caught his first Muskie ever. It went 32 1/2 inches…a small guy but a muskie is a muskie and this was his first one so that was fun to watch. Storm Deep Thundersticks trolled at approximately 2.2 to 2.8 mph worked in 10 to 25 feet have caught muskies this summer for me. All depends on the weather…wind, sun, fronts, etc…..Cisco color has been killing em this summer, wierd considering cisco’s aren’t in French but who knows? If you do cast make sure you spend your time working over the rock bars throughly. What I mean throughly might be different to you so what I mean is change lures, speeds, etc. It is not uncommon to try 15 to 20 casts in the same general spot that is a high percentage area. The water in French is stained and the strike zone on these fish is considerably smaller than a clearer water fish. So take your time and comb the area throughly. I will be out a couple more times this week and I will check in with some results. Good Fishing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.