French Lake Fishing Report

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Went out with a couple buddies of mine tonight on French Lake in pursuit of the elusive Walleye. Tonight was the first time in four years that I actually got to just sit back and let someone else run the boat and let me tell you it was very relaxing. We didn’t exactly hammer em but we did catch a few including one that was pushing 4lbs. The total Walleye count was 6 and we caught them off a weedbed in 12 to 18 feet of water vertically jigging. We were jigging 1/4 jigs and medium size leeches. Very slow up and down motions were the key and the fish that we did catch hit aggressively slow!!!! You can try to figure out what that means. We did miss a few other fish. The water temperature was 65 degrees. French Lake always seems to be a good lake to try out in the evening, as we did tonight. Concentrate your efforts on water adjacent to weeds that is deeper and you should have some luck. Don’t be afraid to move to different areas of the lake either and try to find those aggressive bitters. This weekend is the Muskie opener and soon French will be crawling with boats. So take advantage of tomorrow night for one of those last nights without a bunch of boats on the water. Any questions ask away!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.